Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Condensation Issue In Cabin

tubaman

Had Avensis' now for about 10 years.

Noticed that over past few months having to use the Air Con to clear the screen more and more often - never really had this issue over past 4-5 years with my existing T180.

Its as if there's an excess of moisture in the cabin that only putting the air con on can cure.

Any ideas ? Could there be some part of the cars ventilation system blocked (perhaps under the windscreen on the outside scuttle ?)

It might be related to your pollen filter. When was the last time you changed it? When mine gets old it starts to smell mouldy & I guess it is probably holding a fair bit of water. On the other hand, after 10 years it may be that you have a leak.

may sound silly but a dirty cabin/pollen filter is an easy fix

It's really causing an issue at the moment - only turning on the Air-Con sorts it - never used to have to do this. My pollen filter will have been changed as the car has circa 78K miles on the clock and has been serviced by a main dealer since day one.

Any other possible causes ?

Both our cars are really bad at the moment with condensation, the wife was only on about it the other day. I would normally say change the pollen filter BUT, the Yaris SR which has aircon doesn't have a pollen filter fitted which is quite normal from new. Have you got the heater air intake on recirculate as that won't help, I just think because we are using the heater this time of year to get the car nice and warm inside then park it up in the cold evening the cold air touching the large areas of glass outside just condenses. :unsure:

Pete.

The pollen filter is not part of the service and if they changed it they should have told you so you would probably remember. Check your receipts to see when it was last replaced. They don't seem to last long at all - less than a year/20k miles sometimes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links