Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Budget Tyre Advice Required Asap...please?

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

I would be inclined to put something in writing to them - e-mail? - outlining what has gone on (including that they admitted the one phone contact was misleading), that you acted upon their misleading advice, and asking for favourable consideration in terms of any extra premium. If you took down any names, it would be helpful to use these as well.

I would be inclined to put something in writing to them - e-mail? - outlining what has gone on (including that they admitted the one phone contact was misleading), that you acted upon their misleading advice, and asking for favourable consideration in terms of any extra premium. If you took down any names, it would be helpful to use these as well.

Ahh thanks Frostyballs...appreciate the advice...lets see what they come back with tomorrow...and oh yes i have every name,time and date lol noted since my very 1st contact! Just stressing my insurance is due this Thursday...fingers crossed...and all for 1.5 cm!

Hope you get it sorted soon Sam :)

• 5 weeks later...

Guys

I'm so sorry to be a pain...but i'm STILL undecided on what tyres to go for...i've been researching for weeks now...straight up i can't afford any of the fancy names...i'm decided on the size 215/45/17 w rated as advised by you guys & my Toyota dealers...i've even got my alloygators ready...its just the tyres that are killing me...

I've come across Nangkang ns20 at £220 all in..or Wanli s1063 at £217.20 all in at national tyres...or Westlakes at national tyres again at £217.20 all in...

The reviews are best on the Wanli's but the Westlakes are an all season tyre whereas the Wanli's are a summer tyre...its all just doing my head in...whereas the Nangkangs i'll have to buy on eBay and have them fitted locally which means no guarantees with them...And i've decided not to go the part worn route!!! I can also get Kenda Kaiser KR20 at £180 all in but they're 215/40/17 and the reviews aren't all that great but everyone seems to think regardless what tyre you go for will depend on how you drive on them!

:bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin:

Since this thread started, I've looked at the Which? report on tyres (included tests on 225/45/17's)for another topic.

The three 'Best Buys' (Pirelli, Goodyear, Dunlop(, which for reference purposes, scored 69%, 67% and 67% respectively.

Nankang Noble Sport NS20's scored 44%.

Wanli S-1063's scored 10% - and were given a 'DON'T BUY' recommendation due to their poor performance during wet braking, and very poor performance for wet grip. I wouldn't go near the Wanli's!

Have you had a look at http://www.asdatyres.co.uk/order/select-tyres-and-savings

Since this thread started, I've looked at the Which? report on tyres (included tests on 225/45/17's)for another topic.

The three 'Best Buys' (Pirelli, Goodyear, Dunlop(, which for reference purposes, scored 69%, 67% and 67% respectively.

Nankang Noble Sport NS20's scored 44%.

Wanli S-1063's scored 10% - and were given a 'DON'T BUY' recommendation due to their poor performance during wet braking, and very poor performance for wet grip. I wouldn't go near the Wanli's!

Have you had a look at http://www.asdatyres...res-and-savings

Well there goes the Wanli's then which were my 1st choice, but they have really good reviews on http://www.tyrerevie...Wanli/S1063.htm...78% dry / 64% wet / wet:c / fuel:c

If i buy on the Asda site i'll have ot have them delivered and then pay seperate for fitting, i'd rather buy and fit under the same roof!

Thanks frosty though :boat:

The Asda site works in the same way as Blackcircles - where the prices include delivery to and fitting by one of their tyre fitting centres which are local to you - you chose which one. So effectively you are buying and having them fitted under one roof.

The Asda site works in the same way as Blackcircles - where the prices include delivery to and fitting by one of their tyre fitting centres which are local to you - you chose which one. So effectively you are buying and having them fitted under one roof.

Heyi didn't know that...i'll check it again :clap: looks like i'll have to save some more for the next coming months and go for a top brand but surely there must be budgets out there that are equally as good for say 50$ a corner lol!

Those autogaurds i bought for £177 for 4 have been brilliant tbf

Those autogaurds i bought for £177 for 4 have been brilliant tbf

Hi Steve

I've seriously looked for those...can't find them cheap any where...well there are some on eBay but with the cost of fitting i could go a likkle more and get something else that comes with a guarantee etc...i've been offered Autogrip...i'm telling you theres names out there of budget tyres i never dreamed off lol...

My partner promised to stop at a tyre place after work to look at some Maxxis maz 4's i think they're called...supposed to be an excellent tyre...coming in at £250 fitted...£50 over our budget but hey!

Just pick one and stop worrying about it :lol: there all round and made of rubber :lol:

End of the day theyve all got to pass the minimum guidlines, so there all going to be reasonable anyway. Ive put wanlis on a 280bhp car before, yes not ideal but i didnt crash or find a ditch.

Dont forget for every bad review on the internet, theres 1000s of good reviews that have not been written.

The minimum EU standards for car tyres (the E-mark) relates to the loading of the tyre and to the speed rating - not to grip. The new tyre labelling system provides the consumer with an indication of wet grip, fuel efficiency and noise.

The Which? report (not an individual's review, but a published report) that I quoted from, gave the Wanli S-1063's as 2 stars for wet braking and 1 star each for wet grip (straight) and wet grip (bend) - the worst scores for any of the 12 tyres they tested in 2012 in the 225/45/17 size.

The Which? summary for the Wanli S-1063 tyres is:

"Wanli S-1063 (W speed rating)

Average price £70

Which? test score 10%

This Wanli tyre is the cheapest in our batch and it will return fuel economy and wear equivalent to the best tyres in this size. But this is achieved at the expense of wet braking which is poor and wet grip which is very poor. It might be tempting to go for this tyre, but you may regret it when it starts to rain. We say don't buy it."

There are better tyres on the market than these.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess who F.I.N.A.L.L.Y bought her tyres today...the stress is over!!! :clap:

Went for some Wanli S1063 XL in the end...now i know what Frostyballs commented on...however i did so much research on tyres and i found more good reviews on them than bad everywhere i looked...and for the price...they were dead on my budget! :fox:

Anyway...i'm hoping to fit them by next weekend so i'll keep you all updated once i've tried them out...considering that i'm not a speed freak...i'm sure they'll be fine...its all about how you drive i believe...and oh yes another factor that helped me make my final decision is that i remembered having some Wanli S1088 on my old Nissan Micra and i never ever had a problem with those and considering the reviews on them are stinkingly horrible lol!

:flowers:

Well done - I'm sure they will be fine

Well done - I'm sure they will be fine

THANK YOU so much for everything Frosty...you guys really helped me out throughout...just fininshed polishing up ma new alloys...would've put them on tody but i'm kinda coming down with a flu so its Beechams and a rest for me today...hope you had a nice weekend matey!

Lemon juice, a spoon of Manuka honey and dispersible paracetamol in a mug of hot water - far better than Beechams

Lemon juice, a spoon of Manuka honey and dispersible paracetamol in a mug of hot water - far better than Beechams

Thanks for that Frosty...feeling a lot better now! :football:

I'm hoping to fit my Alloygators this week when i get a spare hour or two..or three lol...then i can get those alloys on my car!!! Just feel a bit weary about taking the air out of my new tyres to fit them...hope its worth all the hassle...wish me luck. :flowers:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links