Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr180 Performance . . .is This Normal ?

SRSTEVE

Hi all,

This is the first diesel i have ever owned.

When say for example , you are approaching an island or a junction and haven't had to come to a stop , i change down to second gear then when i go to pull out and the revs are around 1000revs the car appears really sluggish until around 1500 / 2000 revs then it takes off.

Is this normal for a diesel ?

I had the 40,000 miles Full Service Plus done by Toyota in Sept and asked them to clean the egr valve as well.

What sort of speed is that? The D4D's turbo doesn't kick in until 1800-2000rpm but it should still have a decent amount of pull down to 1000rpm, esp. the 2 litre units (Although a fair bit less than with the turbo boosting obviously).

I don't know if the Auris gears are longer than my Yaris' tho'.

compared to when boost is available at approx 1800rpm, 1000rpm will indeed feel sluggish and flat. It's a generic turbo diesel trait which one gets used to.

Mine does the same. It's almost scary coming from my focus st that could break your neck when it comes to islands and junctions. It's made me a safer driver tho lol!

Hi all,

This is the first diesel i have ever owned.

When say for example , you are approaching an island or a junction and haven't had to come to a stop , i change down to second gear then when i go to pull out and the revs are around 1000revs the car appears really sluggish until around 1500 / 2000 revs then it takes off.

Is this normal for a diesel ?

I had the 40,000 miles Full Service Plus done by Toyota in Sept and asked them to clean the egr valve as well.

Hi my t180 was sluggish i have inproved this with using forty cleaner in my diesel but this was over months cleared dpf replaced egr valve second hand you can get all this information on this forum

Hi Steve, I've found this engine to be very reasonable for the lack of lag. I used to use a Vauxhall Astra 1.7 TD at work & I can honestly say it was bordering on dangerous at junctions ! You had to keep the revs up all the time or it would bog down hugely.

The SR is massively better in this respect, but mine only really pulls cleanly at approx 1500 rpm - lower than that requires a shift down for a clean getaway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links