Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Red Rav 4 Baby :)

Andy Reed

Hi folks, I am after putting some side steps and / or side bars on my Rav 4. Also would like a chrome bar on the front etc. Can i get them from a Toyota dealer of or there someone else. I live in Bournemouth. Basically want to put some "bling" on her to make her look pretty / different from the rest. Also are these interior pieces you can get from E-bay any good that are in different colours any good ?

post-127250-0-82463500-1357341085_thumb.

post-127250-0-87349400-1357341105_thumb.

Looking pretty good as it is tbh! I'd just go for side steps, they look smart and are good for keeping the krud from flying up. The only issue I have with mine as they almost make the car look lower to the ground. Not good for a budding 4x4.

Dave

As djrav says andy ,thats a tidy rav4 you have there ,looks as though its been looked after anyway

Chrome light surrounds on the rear lights may look good with that two-tone colour scheme :)

I have asked this question, but do not know where to get the bits and pieces from ? do Toyota dealers do them ?

Looking pretty good as it is tbh! I'd just go for side steps, they look smart and are good for keeping the krud from flying up. The only issue I have with mine as they almost make the car look lower to the ground. Not good for a budding 4x4.

Dave

where can i get them and how much ? can i fit them myself ? cheers , andy

Chrome light surrounds on the rear lights may look good with that two-tone colour scheme :)

where can i get them dude ? cheers Andy

Can't Kingo aka "Parts King" supply?

He's a user on here, maybe PM him?

Dave

Dave

havent a clue who he is , how do i contact him ? not to good on this site ,,, complicated lol :)

Hi Andy,

to contact Kingo "Parts-King" open the Tab at the top of the page labelled Members. You will get a list of all the members usernames on the Forum. Click the button on the right labelled "More Search Options", a new page opens up allowing you to type in a members name.

Type in "Parts" in the box top left next to the begins with box, scroll to bottom of page and hit the button "Apply Filters". Kingo is third from top on this list. If you hover the mouse pointer over his name, you will have the option to send him a private message.

Phew!! I'm away for a lie down now.

Or do what i do....look for any posts or replies on the this forum that are by " Parts King ",click on " Parts King " and it will bring up a box to view his contact info.....quite simples.

Click on " send me a messge " or ....." message me "...then type to your hearts content lol

Hope it helps..

Or do what i do....look for any posts or replies on the this forum that are by " Parts King ",click on " Parts King " and it will bring up a box to view his contact info.....quite simples.

Click on " send me a messge " or ....." message me "...then type to your hearts content lol

Hope it helps..

Thank u dude ... i am trying here :)) lol

Dave

Bit harsh there, Dave.....can't call him a "user" just because he's addicted to that warm 3.8% liquid youz call beer.....or are you casting aspersions on all these overseas trips.......? Maybe you're right......

Cannot wait to hear yer reaction to the price of the rear light cluster chrome skeletals, Andy.....look at photos I sent of my wife's (steady....) wee 3 door....it is the "Granite" edition and were fitted as standard. Another member asked for a price some time back.....he is still in rehab. as previously advised, would think those stick-on dashboard decals would look tres tres naff.....

Big Kev

Dave

Bit harsh there, Dave.....can't call him a "user" just because he's addicted to that warm 3.8% liquid youz call beer.....or are you casting aspersions on all these overseas trips.......? Maybe you're right......

Cannot wait to hear yer reaction to the price of the rear light cluster chrome skeletals, Andy.....look at photos I sent of my wife's (steady....) wee 3 door....it is the "Granite" edition and were fitted as standard. Another member asked for a price some time back.....he is still in rehab. as previously advised, would think those stick-on dashboard decals would look tres tres naff.....

Big Kev

Reading my post back, I accused him of being a supplier and a user!!

Hope not either!!

Dave

Dave

Big Kev

Indeed, BK. Rear light guards ex Toyota = £114 fitted!!!! Absolute rip-off but, oohhh!!!, they do look so good!!!!!!!

Kingo may be able to offer some discount (but not fitting, obviuously, as Andy's in Bournemouth). OE side steps from Kingo are very good investment & really sets the car off. OE Toyota front "A" bar looks much better than proprietary ones.

Dave

Big Kev

Indeed, BK. Rear light guards ex Toyota = £114 fitted!!!! Absolute rip-off but, oohhh!!!, they do look so good!!!!!!!

Kingo may be able to offer some discount (but not fitting, obviuously, as Andy's in Bournemouth). OE side steps from Kingo are very good investment & really sets the car off. OE Toyota front "A" bar looks much better than proprietary ones.

I find the front A bar very obtrusive looking on 4.2's, Jim, but only my opinion. Will research these light covers....saw them somewhere much cheaper I'm sure.

Dave

Big Kev

I find the front A bar very obtrusive looking on 4.2's, Jim, but only my opinion. Will research these light covers....saw them somewhere much cheaper I'm sure.

I agree about the "A" bar, Kev. I was going to fit one to my 4.2 3-dr and got a price from local Mr. T but in the end, I decided it looked better without. Nevertheless, if one wants the front bar, the OE fitment is miles better than the after-market krap, which looks like chromed scaffold tube bent to shape!

The light guards are available after-market but I've not seen any that were very much cheaper than Mr.T's. I do recall a poster on here a while back having problems with some after-market ones which required relatively elaborate fitting, including removal of the light unit. He never came back with news of having successfully fitted them. The OE ones are expensive but they fit perfectly and are fitted using that super strong double-sided tape which Mr. T seems to favour for many of his add-ons. Hence no fuss when installing and they don't come off again.