Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scuttle Removal

peejaybee

Can anyone help me with (detailed) instructions to remove and refit the scuttle panel on my wifes's 1996 Celica coupe please?

And where i might be able to purchase new plastic fixing pins?

Trying to cure a water leak into drivers footwell

thanks in advance

That doesnt sound good. Whats a 'scuttle panel'? Are you sure you havent got rust under the air vents above the bonnet? You should be able to get those plastic pins at those auto warehouse places

scuttle panel is the panel with the air intakes. Below that there are some drain holes. if they are blocked (as these probably are - by leaves), water overflows into the footwells. I can take the pins out, but there seems to be another fixing somwhere that i can't see.

thanks

Oh right. Mine have self tapping screws mostly and a quarter of them are missing!

Yes, guess i could use self tappers. But the important thing is - how do i get the panel off? I'm sure somebody out there must have a workshop manual that describes how it's held in place, other than these pins? is there ahidden scew(s)somewhere?

So is this the hidden panel inside the wheel arch? Why dont you just drill some holes in it to let water out? I took out my air intake and it was hard to get at.

it may be, but because i can't get the air intake grille off i can't be sure. You said "I took out my air intake" - how did you do it? remove the plastic fixings, and what else holds it in place?

You undo the plastic guard inside the wheel arch enough so you can get to the intake box. I cant remember but I think there is a bolt or two holding it in place .. and its prob. whats stopping you get the scuttle guard off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links