Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oxygensensor

TARManiAC

Hi all

Need a new oxygensensor for my 3sge gen.3. Question is, can I trust a non OE sensor to function as well as a Toyotasensor? I´m looking at either a Denso or NGK from www.sparkplugs.co.uk They are about 1/3 of the price compared to a OE sensor.

Does anyone know who makes the OE sensor?Denso perhaps?

thanks all.

Denso are part of the Toyota company anyway, so would buy a denso sensor.

Exactly my thought. It´s just that I heard about a guy who got a little better fuel consumption with the OE sensor, but the reason for that might be another than the o2 sensor.

Fuel consumption is hard to measure, you can drive slightly harder or lighter today than yesterday and still think your driving the same, weather, temperature, tyre pressure all affect the readings so never 100% accurate between measurements.

Toyota's OE O2 supplier is Denso. However Denso, Bosch, NGK (all the OEM's) in fill their ranges & have some sensors supplied buy non OEM suppliers (known as OES's).

A decent afternarket supplier sensor will perform equally as well as an OEM sensor.