Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coilovers...

P34RC3

Hi all

Im on a hunt for some coilovers for my sr180. Does anyone know of any brands that sell them cheaper than the BC kits as im not very intrested in all the adjustable damping as i will not be taking it on the track.

Arron

Where are you sourcing bc coilovers for the sr180 by the way? I mentioned in another post that bc don't do coilovers for the double wishbone rear 2.2 model but no one confirmed?

I personally haven't looked in depth into them as they are out of my price range so I'm unsure where u can get them from. If I can't find any think ill be getting some 30front 40rear as that's the lowest springs iv found.

the only 2 i could find when looking for them were bc or koni, bc were about 700 konis were 1200.

alex

Iv sent a few emails to the lower budget Coilover manufactures and a few jap performance websites. Ill let you know the results. I'm not holding out much hope tho. I was kind of disappointed at the lack of aftermarket parts for the auris. But then again iv come from common modified cars.

the only 2 i could find when looking for them were bc or koni, bc were about 700 konis were 1200.

alex

Can you link me to the bc's please? I can't seem to find any for the 2.2, I can only find sets for the versions with the torsion beam rear suspension.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Has anyone managed to fit BC coils so far? I would like to know if the set has all the appropriate certificates in order to pass the MOT test?

BTW if someone's interested, DGR is making coils for Auris. Fully adjustable and the price is very reasonable. Most people who have installed on other cars are very happy with them!

If the car isn't going on track why fit coilovers? £ for £ they will be of lower quality that normal uprated springs and dampers and offer no handling or ride advantage at all.

I just went for springs in the end. The car handles better but still has more roll than I was used to so some roll bars need to be upgraded. The front of my car sits perfect but the rear is a little too high so I might opt for some Coilover rear springs and adjuster seats just so I can even it out with the front. Although nose down does look pretty good too lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I put some BCs in my car.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.