Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Audio Problem

derm318

Suddenly, when I am using the AUX channel to listen to my iPod, the channel disappears and I am switched to one of the FM channels. When this happens, I try to find the AUX channel by using the steering wheel mode button, but it is not shown. What is wrong and how can I fix it?

Norm

Found this and it may help.

The head unit senses whether there is a plug in the aux jack in the console. If the aux jack is empty, it will not engage aux mode. If you have a cable plugged in the aux jack but no audio source (i.e. no iPod, iPhone etc) it should engage aux mode but of course no sound will come out since there is no source. So if you cant get into aux mode, you need to double check you have a cable plugged all the way into the aux jack. Hope this helps.

It appears that the audio plug going into the AUX jack does not fit securely. Could there be a problem with the jack itself? If so, is this easily replaceable?

Norm

Have you tried a different I pod lead to ensure its not a problem with the fit or wiring going to its connector before looking at an issue with the aux socket.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links