Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T180 Newbie

greenshiregaz

Hi all,

Thought id say hello to you all ;)

i picked up a 2006 Rav T180 at the end of oct '12 and have been loving it ever since.

I was a VW man, but the spec levels and all round quality of the Rav has made me change tac.

My beast has 69k in the berry red. FTSH and only 2 owners. winner. Although it has had a "new" engine from toyota with all the bills etc to prove, Only changed as a 'precaution"?? though. Runs well, no bother.........

UNTIL.....

just recently an oil maintenance light flashed up on the dash. i checked oil and topped up, but should i be worried..???

:thumbsup:

Gareth

My Rav :-)

post-126384-0-03371900-1357550183_thumb.

Welcome to the club Gareth,great looking Rav :thumbsup:

I'm sure you'll be getting plenty of great advice shortly on this subject from those in the know.

There is an oil maintenace light which should be reset at every 10k service....but God bless our Techs at Toyota....more often than not, they forget to do so. This can be reset and one of our members will be on shortly with the instructions on how to do the reset.

It has nowt to do with the oil warning light, and the fact you needed to top it up is purely coincidental probably, and part of owning most diesel cars.

My new one just took 400ml at 1900 miles......not in the least concerned as I hammered it up from That England Place from whence it came.

Welcome aboard the Forum, Gareth....as for yer new moatir....? There's lovely, boyo.....!!!!! That colour polishes up and waxes pure dead brilliantly.

You have many Welsh brethren hereon.....when they're no typing, they're singin'.........

Big Kev

hahaha, Thanks Kevin, that made me chuckle :laughing:

i was only concerned, what with it being a new engine and the fact that these Toyota Dervs seem to like a drop of oil !

Had Vws previously, and the only time i needed to put oil in is when the cams were going on my last anniversary Golf.

Anyways...... back to the singing ;-)

Hi and welcome to the club :)

Welcome to the club, thats a nice looking T180, im based in Cardiff so may see you on the A470 one day hopefully if Toyota agree to have the engine swop!

The instructions for reset of the service indicator are pinned with the oil change info along with lots of other good stuff but I have cut and paste it here;

Set the multi-information display to TRIP A.

Turn the ignition switch off.

Press and hold the ODO / TRIP switch, and turn the ignition switch on (IG).

After turning the ignition switch on (IG), keep holding the switch for at least 5 seconds. The reset procedure is complete.

Don't be putting supermarket weasel pee in that motor will you. You want at least branded fuel but better still any of the high grade stuff.

A slight off topic question but the OP has stated: Although it has had a "new" engine from toyota with all the bills etc to prove.

Should I have had bill,receipt,documentation, etc with my new engine as i got absolutely nothing?

Apologies if this is opening a can of worms or covering ground that has already been stampeeded on many times :P

RRG give a list of every part fitted and it is extensive.

......AS WELL AS A NEW ENGINE NUMBER TO GIVE TO THEM NICE FOLKS IN SWANSEA.....? Excuse capitals....

Don, who are RRG?

Toyota dealer....Macclesfield, Cheshire, That England.

......AS WELL AS A NEW ENGINE NUMBER TO GIVE TO THEM NICE FOLKS IN SWANSEA.....? Excuse capitals....

Aye min - true.......