Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2013 Auris Hsd Prospective Buyer Here...

alfonso

Hi!

After years of driving a Z3, the need for back seats and half-decent boot size, plus a desire to get a good bunch of features and some decent mpg figures have convinced me that the 2013 Auris HSD would make a lot of sense.

So I'm considering the purchase of an Excel HSD Auris (or "luxury" as they seem to be called in Ireland). Unfortunately for me I still have to wait until probably early March, as Toyota Ireland won't have them before that. The good thing is that it gives me time to consider the options :)

If anyone has the Skyview panoramic roof (or has seen it in person), I'd love to see some photos and/or read opinions about it.

Specified the panoramic roof on my YarisT Spirit HSD and it turned out to have manually operated blinds instead of the advertised (at that time) power ones so that was a let down. Also lost are the vanity mirror lights since there is no room for them, a fact that was not mentioned in Toyota's bumf at that time. Not sure if it is the same scenario with the new Auris but I would guess it is. Each to their own and purely from a personal aspect, if I was ordering again I would not bother with it.

PS Have noticed on the Auris PanoramicRoof it does stipulate "electric blind" - I'd double check that to make certain.

I had the panoramic roof option fitted on a diferent vehicle i once owned. I only ever remembered I had got it when travelling on resurfaced roads and under trees.The fact that there was glass where metal should be bothered me a bit.Personally, if someone offered me another car with a glass roof I would want to know how much discount they are offering against a car with a metal roof....unless that glass included photocells:)

Specified the panoramic roof on my YarisT Spirit HSD and it turned out to have manually operated blinds instead of the advertised (at that time) power ones so that was a let down. Also lost are the vanity mirror lights since there is no room for them, a fact that was not mentioned in Toyota's bumf at that time.

PS Have noticed on the Auris PanoramicRoof it does stipulate "electric blind" - I'd double check that to make certain.

I've asked here:

http://blog.toyota.c...#comment-547357

So maybe they'll get back with a definitive answer. I wouldn't be bothered by a manual blind, but the lack of vanity mirror might bother the partner :D

Update: Yes, the Auris HSD skyview option does include vanity mirror lights as well as the blind being electrically operated.

Edited by alfonso

I had the panoramic roof option fitted on a diferent vehicle i once owned. I only ever remembered I had got it when travelling on resurfaced roads and under trees.The fact that there was glass where metal should be bothered me a bit.Personally, if someone offered me another car with a glass roof I would want to know how much discount they are offering against a car with a metal roof....unless that glass included photocells:)

Well, I was driving a convertible until this summer... A lack of a metal roof won't bother me. An open roof would bother me and my hay fever :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links