Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alternative To Bridgestone Tyres?

grasshopper

My RAV4 3 is currently running on Yokohama winter tyres and they are all 3mm - and at their end of life. I'm going to put new tyres on this weekend - any thoughts on the OEM Bridgestone AT tyres - are they any good or are there any altenatives you guys recommend? The tyre size is 225 65 17. Cheers....

Never had them myself, but you are about to be told by mellow fembers to try Yokohama Geolanders and they seem well suited and longevity legendary.

Bridgestones also great in general, but just me.....they put me through the mill (and bank account) with their runflats, so not my favourite brand. Had Yokohama Advans when I traded in my SR180....SUPERB.

Big Kev

Yoko Geolanders ! If you're looking for winter tyres then Continental Winter Contacts, only one problem with them........it's not dropped much below 6 degrees since I swapped mine over, however they are very good on wet surfaces.

Thanks guys - it has Yoko geolanders on at the moment - trouble is they are crap at 3mm and I'm thinking of putting summer tyres on

New Geolandars with 8mm tread will be far superior to winter tyres with only 3mm.......................

Apparently we are due some colder weather this week and possibly snow by the end of Jan into Feb??

In snow Dave but I would imagine that the coumpound of winter tyres is better for a cold road surface. The wet weather performance might be getting compromised to some extent too.

I do believe that the G91A is the best all year tyre though.

In snow Dave but I would imagine that the coumpound of winter tyres is better for a cold road surface. The wet weather performance might be getting compromised to some extent too.

I do believe that the G91A is the best all year tyre though.

:thumbsup: