Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bike Carriers Prius And Hybrid Auris

pete&valsprius

Following on from this subject on a topic last year, it seems that the blanket ban on rear mounted bike carriers may be relaxing. Having purchased an early Gen 3 Prius was gutted to learn that a tow bar mounted detachable rear mount bike carrier, is not permitted/recommended.

My next door neighbour just bought a new Hybrid Auris and low and behold, had this system fitted by the toyota dealership. As I understood it, the reason that a tow hitch was banned, is due to it being risky to the Hybrid system, if used to tow. As the system is presumably identical on the Auris, there seems no logic to not allowing it on the Prius. Has anyone else solved this problem via Toyota or a Thule stockist.

A previous poster, was very helpful in finding an installer based at Reading but a long way from where I live. I have approached the dealership, where I purchased the car but not holding my breath, in getting a positive reply

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links