Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012/13 Auris Roof Lining

Toyota_FanBoy

Hey guys I in a quandary about my roof lining, picked the car up and saw instantly 3 marks above the door on the roof lining, took it to the dealer today as had a cheque for cashback to pick up :D only problem is now they have done it the area that has been done looks furry and not like the rest of the lining so my question is do I get it replaced under warranty or live with it hmmm as I'm worried that the new one wont be done as well as it was done in the factory, just dont know if I'm being picky.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Hi Peter,

If they have done a job for you on the roof lining and you are not happy with it then you need to go back and tell them. They will tell you what they can do or if they can't improve on it. There is, however, nowhere else for you to take the problem except to those who sold it to you. Without seeing it, only you will know if you are being "picky". If it it something that catches your eye every time you get in the vehicle and is annoying to you, then you will never be happy with the purchase.

Unfortunately, only you can decide if you can live with it.

Depends how bad it is, but remember when you comee to sell it it could be £s off its value.

If I was spending that much on a car I would want it perfect.

Yep exactly what I'm thinking as well I phoned the dealer back up and when it goes in on monday for the rest of the stuff to be fitted they said they'd have a look at it, also if it was like this from the factory why were'nt the marks originally picked up.

When it comes to things like this i would be very picky and fussy about it not looking the same,

but having said that im also a bit OCD about rattles and if they had to drop the headlinging out and put in a new one,no doubt there would have to be trim pieces removed to get it in,this could cause its own problems with marked trim pieces.slackening of clips and the rattles that could follow from them being removed.

in this case i would probably rather live with the fuzzy patch but it depends how you see it,

Why cant things just be easy.

phil

Could try very carefully 'shaving' the furry patch with something like a Mach 3 razor to just remove the 'fur'

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links