Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Test Drove 2013 Auris Hsd: Hard To Get Good Mpg

Nicolai

Nicolai,

I get the feeling that until you hear the answer that you're expecting you will never give up asking questions. The Manufacturers quote their MPG figures for different aspects of driving and yes they say they can get into the 70 MPG's, but their tests are done in ideal conditions not like anything you or I experience on the road.

Fact. I had a Gen 3 Prius for three years, logged my fuel and mileage consumption on the Fuelly website and got an OVERALL MPG of 59MPG over three years. I didn't drive the car keeping a watchfull eye on the eco meter but normally some times steady, sometimes quickly.. I was very pleased with the MPG I achieved. Its not that far away from what your father-in-law achieves. I would comment though MPG in the hybrids is affected by temperature and tyre pressures... in the winter MPG drops.

I now have a Lexus CT200H and that is averaging 50MPG, but then its different to the Prius.. therefore when you quote different vehicles its meaningless unless you quote like for like!

Like Parts KIng has said I cannot believe this thread has gone on so long. Nicolai, everyone in this members club at some stage has made a decesion to purchase a car of their choice... I'm affraid you research it to the best of you capability using manufacturers data, car magazines, etc and then you commit.. Isn't it time for you to make your choice.

Thanks. How many litres of boot space should we expect in the Auris Tourer compared to the hatch?

From http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-auris-touring-sports-your-questions-answered

Buzzer says:

January 9, 2013 at 11:13

What is the boot/luggage Space for Auris tourer (vda)?

Compared to Avensis this is nice to know.

• Amy Coulthard says:
    January 9, 2013 at 12:19
    Hello,
    Unfortunately, we do not have this information for the Auris Touring Sports as yet. We expect to have further updates on this new model in March.
    Please do keep a check on the Toyota blog then for the latest news.
    Many thanks.

I posted this in the normal auris forum also:

How quickly does Toyota eliminates faults found in the first production run?

When I purchase the touring sport hybrid in summer/autumn any chances of something having been corrected in comparison to the cars now found at dealers?

• 3 months later...

Sorry, just one question: Is the the atkinson/hsd better a coping with small trips where the engine/system does not reach optimal temperature. In other words: does this damage an HSD as much as a regular otto cycle engine?

Sorry, just one question: Is the the atkinson/hsd better a coping with small trips where the engine/system does not reach optimal temperature. In other words: does this damage an HSD as much as a regular otto cycle engine?

Wow Nicolai. You still here? I thought by now you would have bought a car already. ANY car. Honestly, you must be driving people mad in here. Bye!

• Like 1

My understanding is that a thin engine oil is used to act as a lubricant, the petrol engine is spun up to 1000 rpm (by one heck of a starter motor :lol: i.e. Motor/Generator) before ignition. Damage should be less than a conventional petrol engine, because with a standard starter motor the engine is barely turned over before ignition and therefore the oil won't have got very far.

Thank you, timberwolf!

Wow Nicolai. You still here? I thought by now you would have bought a car already. ANY car. Honestly, you must be driving people mad in here. Bye!

It is obvious that you have no idea how long it takes in Denmark to "renew" a car for a disabled driver....

It is obvious that you have no idea how long it takes in Denmark to "renew" a car for a disabled driver....

No, you have used that excuse already several times. I do not buy it. I think you are just here to seed mistrust in the Toyota Hybrids. But hey, you take your time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links