Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg

Paul Moore

What sort of mpg can I expect from a rav diesel, the brochure says 47 as an average, but the dealer said more like 37. Anyone got an example of what they get, I.ll be doing mainly town driving.

Hi,

Manual or Auto ? There's a big difference, how old is your Rav and what mileage has it done ?

I haven't bought it yet, but it will be a diesel 07'08 or 09 with no more than 60'000 on the clock.

I'm searching for a good spec model as we speak !

I haven't bought it yet, but it will be a diesel 07'08 or 09 with no more than 60'000 on the clock.

I'm searching for a good spec model as we speak !

Big mpg differences exist Paul, between 150hp and 180hp (178 really.....). The T180 / SR 180 I WOULD RECOMMEND ARE NOT FOR "TOWN ONLY" driving. Choose the 150hp models if mpg important.

Big Kev

T180 fitted with a Lindop tuning box

Motorway at 70ish 42 MPG

Round town driven carefully 36 ish...

These are tested figures and not taken of the on-board computer thing that tells porkie pies..

T180 2006 average around 32 MPG, majority of journeys are 12.5miles each way.

Longer journeys see a slight improvement.

T180 2006 average around 32 MPG, majority of journeys are 12.5miles each way.

Longer journeys see a slight improvement.

Concur, but better and equivalent to what Charlie posted can be achieved, but light footedness is a requirement.

Motorway at 70ish 42 MPG

These are tested figures and not taken of the on-board computer thing that tells porkie pies..

I'd be happy with 36 on a good motorway run, since replacement engine just can't even manage that, tried auto crusie at 55. 60, 65, 70.

Brim to Brim on a 136 BHP 07 XTR Varies from 47mpg in summer down to 38mpg in winter . . . Same routes, same driving style

Motorway at 70ish 42 MPG

I'd be happy with 36 on a good motorway run, since replacement engine just can't even manage that, tried auto crusie at 55. 60, 65, 70.

Refresh my memory im getting old now (35) Do you have a Lindop box fitted ?

My current car a diesel gt me around 475 miles per tank. Cots £65.00 to fill what's the cost on a rav and anyone care to estimate how many miles per tank ? Based on a 150 brp rav, the 180 would be too expensive to run.

Motorway at 70ish 42 MPG

No, not sure if the cost would be worth it given my low annual milage...in 12 months around 7500.

My current car a diesel gt me around 475 miles per tank. Cots £65.00 to fill what's the cost on a rav and anyone care to estimate how many miles per tank ? Based on a 150 brp rav, the 180 would be too expensive to run.

I've got 57 plate manual xtr (2.2 diesel). Last summer it peaked at 464 miles and took 49 litres (about £69) to fill. That's just over 42 mpg.

Lowest dip in winter was recently- 392 miles (48 litres) works out closer to 37 mpg.

This is a mix of mostly country roads (40mph) dual carriageways and a little motorway driving.

I've virtually recorded EVERY fill up since I bought it (how sad am I?)

Dave

NB your current car is approx 47 mpg (based on above). But is it 4x4? Is it auto? Was that summer? Need to compare apples with apples.

Thanks dave, that's very helpful and I too us to keep every receipt and make notes on my mileage.... Sad aren't we LOL

The 150 with a manual box is as good as you will get from any RAV. That means you have to look for the one with chrome around the fog lights and inside the steering wheel is flat at the bottom.

They are from late 2009 on.

Thanks dave, that's very helpful and I too us to keep every receipt and make notes on my mileage.... Sad aren't we LOL

+1 :rolleyes:

Hi Paul

I was getting 34 to 36 mpg on supermarket fuel with a 134bhp diesel manual 08 plate but switched to Bp ultimate and started getting 40 mpg just tried Shell vpower and its gone up to 42 mpg the bp and Shell are more expensive but it is worth it to keep the engine clean.

Steve

well I'm really sad, keeping logs have always been part of my job, so I have fuel records going back to the ark. since buy the rav XTR D4D model having covered 3854 miles, 483.54lt, ave 35.86mpg. best fill 44.6 worst 31.5 over a 4 month period the worst figure was all short town work over xmas, total milage of Rav is just 20000.

B-A aka Geordie

Motorway at 70ish 42 MPG

No, not sure if the cost would be worth it given my low annual milage...in 12 months around 7500.

My mileage was closer to 25K Per year so the fitting of the kit was a very good investment given that I bought it second hand and can sell it for much the same ....

My last few trips up and down to the south have been done in the Jag and despite its 3.0 twin turbo diesel engine it still equals or beats the Rav for MPG....

Hopefully when the Rav gets the BMW engine in a couple of years it will make the Rav a better prospect for those who do big mileages..

That said I have always been pretty happy with the MPG the Rav returned.. I just think a modern 2.2 diesel engine can do better..

Thanks for all the replies, all these answers and now i'm not sure I should get a Rav, economy is a big part of everyday life these days, so to drop from my current 40+ to 30+ is a big drop. I'll keep asking and searching online for more positive things to make me swop my Audi a3 diesel.

Although according to Parkers site the audi should do 51 mpg and the rav 48 ! for diesel models of course.

I think I'll call some dealers tomorrow and see what different figures I get given !

Will keep you all updated and thanks for your help

It's probably because I drive like an old woman but I used to get 42-43 mpg from my 2006 RAV, and I am getting 48mpg from my current car, an early 2010 model. That's using any non-supermarket fuel, steady driving on country roads, very little town/city, and not exceeding 70mph on the motorways.

My husband has a BMW 520d with one of those marvellous BMW engines and he averages between 50 and 52mpg. Compared with that, 48mpg for slightly heavier, 4WD car is pretty good, I'd say, and I'm very happy with the economy of my RAV.

I'm really surprised at the figures given, we must be very lucky or perhaps it's due to the low mileage of only 32,500 but we recently bought our 2007 xtr and did a 200 mile trip from Lincolnshire to Morecambe for Xmas and New Year. As this was our first long journey and we were going to Mother in laws i was in no hurry so did an average 65/70 mph and was introduced to the inside and middle lane (as we used to have the Honda civic 2.2 and i always stayed in the middle and outside lanes lol). We got over 50 mpg with the car full of presents, luggage 2 adults and a 6 year old so very happy! Not only that but the Rav does drive really nice and has the torque if needed, which did surprise me. I'm liking it more and more especially now I have added parts such as chrome steps, front A bumper, replace the CD player with JVC sat nav/dvd player and rear camera, twin dvd headrests, amp and sub installed under the boot floor.

I'm really surprised at the figures given, we must be very lucky or perhaps it's due to the low mileage of only 32,500 but we recently bought our 2007 xtr and did a 200 mile trip from Lincolnshire to Morecambe for Xmas and New Year. As this was our first long journey and we were going to Mother in laws i was in no hurry so did an average 65/70 mph and was introduced to the inside and middle lane (as we used to have the Honda civic 2.2 and i always stayed in the middle and outside lanes lol). We got over 50 mpg with the car full of presents, luggage 2 adults and a 6 year old so very happy! Not only that but the Rav does drive really nice and has the torque if needed, which did surprise me. I'm liking it more and more especially now I have added parts such as chrome steps, front A bumper, replace the CD player with JVC sat nav/dvd player and rear camera, twin dvd headrests, amp and sub installed under the boot floor.

Is that 50mpg read from the OBC, or brim to brim test....? If it's brim test result, and with the accessories you have improved it with, a lot of us will be driving around Lincolnshire in rented car transporters looking for your car......!!!!!!

Some people give cars a name......let's call yours Steve Austin......LOL.

Big Thief.

That's read from the OBC Big Thief, we did a few short runs while there and filled the tank back up before coming back and it took £32, I'm happy with that. Coming back the OBC reading was 46 but i was doing a bit more than 65 mph. As for the name, can't you think of a woman's name, much prefer that lol