Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Locking Issue

TonyToy

Hello All,

New here having recently bought my first Toyota as a business car. Model is an Avensis estate D4D, 2007.

Unfortunately, and yes I probably bought a pup, the garage I got car from has gone bust. Luckily though I did get them to sort out a few issues before they disappeared. Car is running smoothly and overall I am very happy with it.

I am having a couple of issues not being a petrol head hoping someone here can give a solution or advice before I take to a garage.

Problem 1

Pressing the lock button on the fob locks all doors except the drivers. All doors lock if I use the key and I can then alarm the car with fob.

Has a sensor gone in drivers doors?

Problem 2

All the fans and controls work on heater panel. I understand it is dual control and driver and passenger side are independant of each other but hot air only blows out from passenger side. Drivers side is only blowing out cool air even when temp set to max.

All/any help appreciated.

p.s Could someone tell me what the dome on dash next to windscreen does? I did not get a manual with car.

regards

Think the little dome is a sensor for the air conditioning.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links