Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi All Need Help With My Privea Please

daidai

I have engine coolant in my gearbox just asking how can sort this I have had the van for four years and I don't want to get rid of it so can any one please help

Thanks

Moved to Toyota Family Forum as you posted in the new members introductions where you should not really ask tech questions but just introduce yourself :)

Hopefully you should get an answer here from another Previa owning member :)

• 3 weeks later...

Your gearbox is automat or manual ? What kind of engine ? What year is Previa ?

Write something more ...

Manual:

Did you check the box location where shafts go "into the world"? Maybe water get from outside. And actually what is in the oil? Plain water or coolant? Are you able to determine what is a kind of liquid? Did you notice the decrease of fluid from the cooling system? In manual gearbox, the engine coolant is not connected with gearbox, so it is rather impossible to have coolant in the box. Maybe, there is a leak above the box and you see it like from the box ?

I do not know about automat well but you can try this:

The oil is probably cooled from the box in the radiator in a separate segment of the side of the radiator. As this segment is leaking internally, the coolant mix with the oil and trouble ... ready. Maybe you will need to replace the radiator in your car. Or the head gasket of the engine is splurging.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links