Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Attention All Ae86 Owners

Jezza

Hey everyone, my name's Jez im 19 from surrey and am looking for my first car. A Corolla GT Coupe.

I know how hard these cars are to find, so I was hoping some of you maybe able to help me out. I will be very grateful in return and will do my best to return any favours put forward to me :D

The question is, where to look? I have searched many forums and some have come up usually to be sold before I could put a word in. As owners of the car yourselves I believe some of you may be able to help me out. Thanks very much in advance for any information put forward.

One question I would like to ask the 86 owners here though is who they insured theirs with and roughly how much at?

:thumbsup:

Get a very big bank loan and go to ireland cos thats were they all live now. Just hope they drive them as they should be driven.

does anyone know what is involved in bringing a motor back from ireland to put on the roads here?

I dont think going to Ireland for an ae86 is a good idea, go to autotrader.ie and see em there the majority of em say "just out of England", place an add on www.findit.co.uk my friend and simply wait. I think you will do well to get one if you dont already own a car as they come up for sale and are gone in a matter of hours

Alright Jezza, im 20 with 2 years no claims, and have insured my '86 with CIS for £1500, which is expensive but im with them due to they are the only company who wil insure me with third party cover on any other vehicle! Which is essential to me due to i am in the motortrade and need that cover!

But i have had a number of other quotes and the cheapest i have had was £655 and that was with a company called Highway!

Good luck on your hunt mate... Sadly you are a week late, just sold mine.

Be ready also for spending a shed load on making it road worthy, and getting it through an MOT... unless you know an MOT tester who knows what you mean when you say "I need an MOT" ;)

Eircam is right, your best looking on Findit... also get involved in the community, thats how I got mine... quite a few get sold without advertising.

Currently I have an AW11, and I still miss the AE86 but these things are certainly not crap, plus loads of them about ;)

Why dont you buy a cheap FWD Twincam and save a few quid to buy a RWD one when one comes up, it might take some time but a good un will come up.

What sort of money are you thinking of parting with?????

Why did you sell your '86 hachi roku?

MR2's arnt half as fun as the corolla! No LSD for a start!

i've got the fwd AE82 (about as rare but unfortunately worth a lot less as well). im 17, and (in a couple of weeks when i (hopefully!) pass my test) im gonna be paying £800 fully comp under a parent's name. best bet is to hover around several boards such as this. i found mine on findit, and was the 1st person to look at it when i bought it.

I think I might have to put something up on Find it then. Just need to see what I can gather up to pay for it. I'm about to pay off a £900 credit card bill and am still taking lessons at the moment. I may have to take out a loan or something. It will be done when the time is right. :)

I think the aw11 is as much fun to me as the ae86... but thats my personal opinion.

You can get an LSD for the aw11, and that will be purchased as soon as I can afford it :)

There was a minter for sale at www.yorkshirerallyspares.co.uk but i think its just been sold. Ring em and find out

Theres 9 of em for sale in the Irishautotrader (www.autotrader.ie) and loads more at www.buyandsell.net theres an early edition one at the bottom in gold, looks a good car

Dont forget that all Irish ae86 usually have a 4 branch janspeed, koni adjustables and deep sish superlites (there about grand). Proberbaly get a minter for about £3000 if you had an eye out like.

Bring then back over there is not bother its onlty bout £20-30.

As for gettin one best of luck cause u could b lookin for a while,u can get them ere but it will cost u big bucks for a good one.

U should look for a jap one.there are some of them coming in now and ur able to get the in the european shape.

happy hunting

Not much just the price of the ferry.

Just come over for a weekend,and i very good weekend would be the donegal international rally cause there would be loads about plus u could see any that were advertised in the autotrader.Kill 2 birds wit one stone.

LSD Addict, you gettin a convoy of cams heading to Donegal????

Would tag along if you were headin up like.

Have to bang an engine into the car tomorrow, the bottom end went the other night.

Them (European style) jap ones that are coming into ireland are basically a cheap mans twin cam. A lot of them have no limo with drums on back and a different interior. Basically a cheap mans twin cam, but they too are still fetching money.

As for Donegal, me and simply sideways will be heading up for definately. Hopefully his baby (if we get her back from kilarney alive!!!) will be back from the panel beaters all clean and shiny by then.

I recon ill be driven up from Cork (new job) to Galway myself, might be a laugh to get a convoy goin, maybe collect a few in Sligo along the way??????

Collect more than a few :eek:

hope to be at killarney myself and then aghadowey on sonday.fire and ice is on and there will be twinners every where

yeah its not to far off ballymena!

there are a few of us headin for the weekend to Donegal for the rally. if u c us say hi convoy of GT4, black coupe, silver corolla and a white starlet

not sure about this sunday though

Shes something different though.

And does she do hoops :eek:

White starlet u know is he still sellin trd parts or did he ever sell them

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links