Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Lag

stevejf

i have a 61 plate avensis tourer auto

i think there is a problem with the take up when i have slowed down for a roundabout but then need to pull out onto the roundabout there seems to be no drive, this is a bit scary at times and i am sure that if i had been towing a trailer i would have been wiped out by now, my localt toyota dealer cannot find anything wrong, has anyone any sugestions

stevejf

Steve, do you mean that the engine is reving but the gearbox not delivering the drive or that the engine just doesn't want to pull the car along and won't rev up?

could be two foot driving, do you use both feet, left for braking and right for throttle, or are you very quick with your foot actions, ie off brake and straightonto gas within milliseconds, as todays ecu and emission controls can not accept two inputs in a short time, the engine will simply not rev and makes it feel like a massive void

Is this a petrol model with the CVT gearbox or diesel with a conventional auto box? The driving characteristics are slightly different for them. Have you driven automatics before or is this your first one? How many miles has it done? Lots of questions but the answers may be different for each situation.

it is a 2.2 d4d eco drive with 15000 miles

sounds like it might be a combination of me and the characteristics of the car

thanks for your help everbody

stevejf

it is a 2.2 d4d eco drive with 15000 miles

sounds like it might be a combination of me and the characteristics of the car

thanks for your help everbody

stevejf

So what makes you think it could have been you, be nice to find out as this is a new model and maybe if we could know we may help any future members who post the same fault.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links