Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Eco Mode

blueroo

Hi all.

I've just bought a second hand cruiser 59 plate. Like it :-) alot. My concern with it is its fuel efficiency. Round town, ive got just over 31mpg. The eco mode rarely seems to kick in, but the eco off light goes on regularly. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, how expensive do you think it would be to add reverse park sensors, and also the sat nav kit. I can get the tns510 for About 350 sexond hand but wonder if labour would be expensive as I dont know how easy to fit.

Thanks and hello

Presume you have the 1.33 Urban Cruiser with stop/start. Quote from the manual of my 2012 Auris (which uses the same engine/system):

"In the following circumstances, the engine may not be stopped by the Stop & Start system and the 'ECO OFF' indicator will come on. This is not a malfunction of the Stop & Start system.

* Engine coolant temperature is extremely high

* The air conditioning system is being used when the vehicle interior is extremely high - such as after the vehicle was parked under the hot sun

* The air conditioning is being used when the outside temperature is 8 degrees C of lower

* For vehicles with an automatic air conditioning system only - The windshield defogger is being used

* The Battery is not sufficiently charged

* Due to traffic or other circumstances the vehicle is stopped repeatedly, resulting in the amount of time the engine is stopped by the Stop & Start system becoming excessively high

When the above conditions improve, the Stop & Start system will stop and restart the engine from the next time the vehicle is stopped."

The manual of my latest Auris doesn't mention the effect the use of accessories has, whereas the manual for my 2009 (59) Auris did. With my previous Auris, the Stop & Start system was also affected dependent on the power load the car was subjected to (eg. heavy electrical load by using things like the heated rear window and heater together, etc), and from memory, the system did not always operate when the outside temperature was low (4 degrees springs to mind).

Ok, thats great thankyou. Couple of things to try then, I was sort of hoping it was a problem so it meant there was a reason for high fuel usage.

Thank you for your help.

Well trying it today and it did seem to kixk in when everything was off, but didnt this evening and all that was on was the light s

Could there be a problem?

Also any ideas on the other bit for fitting etc?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links