Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oh What Have I Done

read

After having 2 Celica's with no problems first 165k no problems second one 89k no problems...

I though

Have a rav for the winter months ....cold stating is a nightmare and now the heater blowing cold air

rattles around conners cant find what doing it...

Last night it took an age to start ...just ranting :disgust:

That wee dug is whispering in yer ear....."keep ye the Faith, Da...."....it will be sumfink simple, and remember it is a wee original.....some TLC and input from Bothy will see you on the road again.

Big Kev

That wee dug is whispering in yer ear....."keep ye the Faith, Da...."....it will be sumfink simple, and remember it is a wee original.....some TLC and input from Bothy will see you on the road again.

Big Kev

Keep up O member from over the border, Bothy does not have any truck with any other than the Mk1

It really is time to stop seeing in the new year (or is it?) :oops:

:drunk::cheers:: :D :lol::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Del

Did you mention the heater before?

That could be serious...........

Big Kev

Keep up O member from over the border, Bothy does not have any truck with any other than the Mk1

It really is time to stop seeing in the new year (or is it?) :oops:

:drunk::cheers:: :D :lol::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Del

yep time to stop lol

Aha.....didnae read the under-dog writing.

It could be cylinder head problems. Is the header tank full of coolant?

It could be cylinder head problems. Is the header tank full of coolant?

I will have a look 2moz in the daylight :-(

It would explain all of your problems.

You should start by just topping up the coolant to the max mark in the tank.

Hi morning...well It's not loosing any water but heater still blowing just warmish

My starting woes are sorted for the moment seems if I push the clutch down shift gear into neutral and press the Accelerator down it's fires up and right away.

Now according to my handbook that's not the right way to start the engine it should be push the clutch down shift gear into neutral not touching the Accelerator because a risk of the engine flooding

so any hint or advice on the heater please thanks :)

Just remind me. Have you got a petrol or diesel? (updating your profile would be helpful!!!).

Just remind me. Have you got a petrol or diesel? (updating your profile would be helpful!!!).

.....WHICH HELPS TO UNCONFUSE us still drunk eejits from thinking you had a four-wan.........:thumbsup:

.....WHICH HELPS TO UNCONFUSE us still drunk eejits from thinking you had a four-wan......... :thumbsup:

Perhaps it's just when you have a 2012 model you forget the oldies,and I thought you only reached a state known as "merry" Kev

read, on the side of the engine there are two hoses,size 1 inch or 25mm depending on what side of the bed you lay on,which run to the bulkhead.

When the engine is warm both of these should warm,if not this points to a restriction in the flow through the heater radiator.

This can be caused by the valve that regulates that flow and may point to something amiss on the control linkage that opens and closes that valve.

There is always a chance that the heater radiator is blocked.maybe in the past someone has added a radiator sealent to stop a water leak.This can bung it up! it is not too big a job to check for a blockage of this sort.

Of course these only apply if the engine is getting hot enough to heat the coolant

Del

it's a petrol but i spoke too soon it don't wanna start again.........thanx people toyota garage i think........did i really get rid of my CRV.......oooohhh yes

it's a petrol but i spoke too soon it don't wanna start again.........thanx people toyota garage i think........did i really get rid of my CRV.......oooohhh yes

the temp gauge gets to normal running temp...

Starting to sound like ma auld mucker Del above is correct on one or even two counts,,,,,???