Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noise From Rear Of Car

Roney

Hello,can any one help me with a noise like a knock from the boot area when driving.I have completly empted the boot [Hatch back]Avensis d4d but its still doing it.Many thanks.

Could be the parcel self, or maybe one of the rear shock have failed my old rx8 made a knocking noise when i went over bumps checked the rear shock and found one of them to be leaking fluids, replaced it and the problem was solved

Anti roll bar links?

so many things could cause a knock

Another old favourite with Toyotas is a dry hatch/boot latch mechanism which allows a rattle ......This is often overlooked when chasing rattles

Lubrication with a thick grease will prevent the rattle :)

try w/d40 on the tailgate gas struts ,i also had the same problem this fixed it.

steve

Another long shot but check that one of the rear seatbelt anchors isn't under the seat. That drove me mental on an astra years ago until i sussed it.

Had this problem a couple of times its always been the rear anti roll bar bushes replaced at 80000 then 130000 then recently at 175000. Its the speed bumps and traffic calming ramps which cause large movement of suspension at the rear.

taxijim

• 1 month later...

Hi i posted a problam with a noise from the rear of my avensis in january,i found it to be the tail gate stoppers as these can wear.Many thanks.

have u tried gaging the kids.... sorry i couldnt resist....

seriously knocking from the back can only be susspenstion or boot lid

coop

open the boot, take the mother-in-law out and try again... failing that get underneath and check your rubbers.

leprechaun in the boot.lol

seriously i had to adjust rear lock latch and stoppers when i got my car with a bit of rattling from back

I had a similar, very annoying noise. I ended up taking the car to my local toyota dealer, who found it to be the tailgate latch which needed adjusting. they did this free of charge, and although it needs a little more force to close the tailgate, the noie has completely disappeared. Hope this info is some help.