Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 Yaris Cd Player And Radio Dont Work

ron225

after many years of perfect operation one day the original cd and radio stopped working. the nearby cigarette lighter works, and all other electrics appear to work.

i have checked the relevant fuses by the steering wheel.

i removed the dash and using a voltmeter i could not find +12V in any of the leads to the CD player. I did find 12V to the cigarette lighter and the display.

So i have to change out the radio/CD player, this is possible with a breakers yard or on eBay, and not difficult. Yet with no 12V i am not sure it will work either.

Any tips? Which is the power input wire to this? Are there any fuses i am missing? Is there a security code issue if i use a replacement unit? Is this a warranty issue?

• 2 months later...

the plot thickens; i replaced the cd radio with a working one. Initially all was fine, then the CD player stopped working and then the radio sound stopped working. When the radio is turned on the display indicates it is on yet it does not find stations, and there is no sound. When i press the buttons to programme a station the Speakers beep indicating that there is signal to the Speakers.

I have checked and replaced the one ACC fuse that looks likely to be used here. All other electrics work. Where it the fuse that controls power to the CD player and perhaps the amp/tuner perhaps? There is no obvious fuse at the back of the cd unit.

I note the manual i have only talks about radio fuses with no mention of CD fuse. Yet i dont see any additional fuses have been added.

the plot thickens; i replaced the cd radio with a working one. Initially all was fine, then the CD player stopped working and then the radio sound stopped working. When the radio is turned on the display indicates it is on yet it does not find stations, and there is no sound. When i press the buttons to programme a station the speakers beep indicating that there is signal to the speakers.

I have checked and replaced the one ACC fuse that looks likely to be used here. All other electrics work. Where it the fuse that controls power to the CD player and perhaps the amp/tuner perhaps? There is no obvious fuse at the back of the cd unit.

I note the manual i have only talks about radio fuses with no mention of CD fuse. Yet i dont see any additional fuses have been added.

Reading the wiring diagram, which is for the factory fit system. If you have a different audio system then it may, or may not be wired in the same way. Your radio shoud have 5 wires on the power supply side. White/black, is earth, terminal A/7. Pink wire and Blue wire connect to the multi-display, terminals B/10 and B/9. The green wire terminal A/3 is 12v supply from the ACC fuse supplied from the ignition switchwhich. The Blue/yellow wire terrminal A/4 is also 12v supply from the Dome fuse, supplied from the main 60A fuse. This will be live at all times to supply the memory, have you checked the dome fuse? Other wires are for the Speakers, you may have 2 or 4 fitted. Left front dashboard speaker, Pink and Violet wires. terminals A/2 and /6. Right front dashboard speaker, Light green and Blue wires. terminals A/1 and A/5. left door speaker Pink and Violet wires. terminals C/2 and C/6 right door speaker Light green and blue wires. terminals C1 and C/3. Hope this makes things a little clearer!

Regards Geoff Peace.