Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Shape Yaris Sr

robtheman

hi guys

anyone got a new shape Yaris SR?

ive had one 6 months now and really like it but never see any on the road!!!

If anyone else has boght one how are you finding it, im getting 50MPg on a good run which is better than my old corolla tsport but still fun to drive!??

Cheers!!!

hi guys

anyone got a new shape Yaris SR?

ive had one 6 months now and really like it but never see any on the road!!!

If anyone else has boght one how are you finding it, im getting 50MPg on a good run which is better than my old corolla tsport but still fun to drive!??

Cheers!!!

My wife has had one for 15 months now and it has had two new sets of headlights fitted. Watch carefully for condensation in the top, side and front inner corners of the headlights. Particularly in the cold weather. If you find any, and unfortunately I think you will, my advice is to report it to Toyota immediately. In my view it is a design fault and Toyota are at a loss as to how to rectify it. So the more people who complain if they have the problem, the better. I would be most interested to hear if you encounter this problem, please post if you do. Otherwise the car is fine.

Regards Geoff Peace.

I have had mine for almost 10 months , still loving mine..

As posted on another forum :-

I have had mine since end of March last year. Still fun and fresh. I have the 5 door auto version. Its my every day car and it hasnt really let me down much ... only at that time on a roundabout ... thats a different story.

Not as fuel economic as one would expect , but drive it hard and you should at least get 35MPG. I have gotten almost 50MPG at one point

Annoying thing/s for me about the Mk3 is the awful A pillar blindspot. Also why didnt they move the odometer select switch to a different place.

Handling is pretty spot on , regardless of speed of going into a corner , has masses of grip , however the back end can go a bit rolly , although nothing a TRD back sway bar cant sort out apparently .. thats what im looking into at the moment. Also at times , it could do with a bit more power , you have to work the engine , i.e smack it to 3.5-4K RPM to get some torque out of the 1.33

Dont bother upgrading to the Sat Nav version , its ok , but it will cost u a bit to keep it up to date. I got a holder for my iPhone so it is next to the dash above that can display my Waze app i use and TomTom if needed.

Worth £15K new ... just about , i went for the Chilli Red version , didnt really fancy the Burning Red version.

Oh and the boot space is quite a lot bigger than the Mk1 which i use to drive , plus it has a reversing camera which makes parking super easy.

Ask away if you have any more questions on the Mk3 SR or Mk3 in general wink.png

I dont think i had a problem with my headlights yet or i just havent noticed it, but i will keep an eye on it.

• 5 weeks later...

i have a 2013 trend which is wicked, i throw it into bends and it stays there, the chassis is great as its been redesigned for the sr and trend which is called a sports chassis in the book lol, love the touch screen radio and reversing camera.

overall im very impressed with it, drives just as good as my auris sr did but im only getting 42.7 mpg at the mo but its only 1 week old with 266miles

thanks all!

got to agree. its a fun car in the corners (more fun than my lowered corolla tsport)

but i have also noticed the fogged up headlights! will let mr T know about that.

cheers rob

I've been running a 1.33 SR CVT auto for a few months now, I drive quite steady, it averages 41.4 MPG at the moment, which I thought was quite poor, well at least poor from coming out of an auris Hybrid which did 55 MPG

The handling is superb, it feels like you are on rails going round corners, but I find it a bit skittish if driving briskly and you go over man holes, white lines etc

One aspect I find poor are the headlights, they have no condensation, but the light emitted could be a lot better, if it was my own personal car, it would have a bulb upgrade without doubt

I find the throttle on the CVT is a bit on / off, like driving in sports mode (but not actually in sports mode) so you tend to be like Miss Daisy or Lewis Hamilton (an exageration but you get the idea)

Interior space is good, passengers like the room and comfort, although the glovebox is small and could be bigger. i like the dash layout, but the trip and mode buttoms are somehow in a hideous place, I'm all fingers and thumbs trying to operate them

All in all a very good car, but I hoped for better MPG

Kingo :thumbsup:

Yeah i find on my SR the lights are a bit poor. My question is if i take it back to the dealer could they upgrade the lights for me ? What would be the cost.

Yeah agree about the throttle on the CVT , the RPM sometimes shoots to 3K RPM without me realising it. I use manual override a lot when im on the motorway to counter this.

Yeah i hoped for better MPG as well , im just getting around about 39-40MPG at the moment

Yeah i find on my SR the lights are a bit poor. My question is if i take it back to the dealer could they upgrade the lights for me ? What would be the cost.

Yeah agree about the throttle on the CVT , the RPM sometimes shoots to 3K RPM without me realising it. I use manual override a lot when im on the motorway to counter this.

Yeah i hoped for better MPG as well , im just getting around about 39-40MPG at the moment

after looking around the internet ive found toyota do a hid conversion but costs a massive £1100 or you could try an after market set, which is the way im going, i agree with the light output its nearly as bad as the wifes aygo which is not much better that a candle.

compared to my auris they r poor

after looking around the internet ive found toyota do a hid conversion but costs a massive £1100 or you could try an after market set, which is the way im going, i agree with the light output its nearly as bad as the wifes aygo which is not much better that a candle.

This is HID kit available an official kit from Toyota ? You got a part number ? £1100 is not too bad if it is supply and fit , most HID/Xenon upgrades are about £700 - £1500.

Or could the dealer just change the bulbs to some Osram Nightbreakers or simliar , without voiding the warranty.

I would put a set of Nightbreakers (or similar) in it, cost about £30 max

Kingo :thumbsup:

Are they the H4 version ? If so what sort of labour charge the dealer ask me for

This is HID kit available an official kit from Toyota ? You got a part number ? £1100 is not too bad if it is supply and fit , most HID/Xenon upgrades are about £700 - £1500.

Or could the dealer just change the bulbs to some Osram Nightbreakers or simliar , without voiding the warranty.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-2012-2013-TOYOTA-P130-VITZ-YARIS-RS-130-GENUINE-FRONT-HEAD-LIGHT-XENON-Gs-/270918937716?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1406ec74, this is the link for the headlight conversion i found

thanks all!

got to agree. its a fun car in the corners (more fun than my lowered corolla tsport)

but i have also noticed the fogged up headlights! will let mr T know about that.

cheers rob

Ah! so my wifes car is not the only one with condensation in the headlights. (It is now on its third set and they still have condensation along the top and sides near the wings) easy to see on a cold night, shine a torch on the headlight. I find the lights themselves perfectly adequate, however, with them being changed, they have been aimed correctly, Perhaps those who find the lighting poor need the beam setting correctly.

Regards Geoff Peace.

Spoke to Toyota this morning replacing the headlights , they said they will charge £33 inc VAT to fit , but it will not be liable if anything happens with the headlights going wrong. Also the only ones they got is some opti bright ones which are £20 each per bulb and I have to pay labour as well ... But they will cover if anything goes wrong with the headlight unit... Decisions decisions