Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Is The Snow?

Thats just how i felt when i all started but the cough runny nose and sneezing keeps coming back.

My doc sent me for a chest Xray a few weeks back but haven't heared from them so am assuming all was ok??

The one night i was coughing that bad i could hardley breath,thought i was a gonner??

Still coughing now on and off.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paulus17

• Hoovie

• Mike JD

• Big Kev

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in case need another course of the drugs but praying won't do !!

Hopefully will be not to cold as head to doc for for drugs this morning

Drugs? Snow? Gentlemen, beware the midnight knock on the door. Wikipedia has the following: Snow - C*caine; h*roin; amph**amine,

Oh I say! :naughty::blushing::jester:

Just looked out the window and all boringly normal here. We are due our dose (oops) at 3am. Very handy as neither her ladyship nor I have to go anywhere tomorrow.

PS get well soon, gang. :doctor:

What is a bit odd is that I did a Wright peak-flow meter test at the doctors on Mondy as I was flagged as being asthmatic, and despite feeling dog rough and short of breath, I got a really good result (better then a fit 35 year old 6'3" tall male! ).

I would chase up those x-rays, paul!

I'm in the RED area of s.wales !!!

just how good is the Rav in the snow ??

mine is 4WD version

We had quite a lot in north Essex on Tuesday, its still on the ground, though not the roads. Looks like much more on its way, just in time to collect the new car on Saturday! Great - not!!

Snow? I expected a scene from Day After Tomorrow considering the forecasts and not a flake has fallen here!

(still bitterly cold, mind)

Dartmoor is now looking very pretty this morning. We have had a modest amount of snow that in very strong winds has arrived sideways so the trees look pretty enough. Not enough to worry anyone with a competent 4x4 but even if I had to, I could not get very far as the A30 and A386 are blocked by lorries that have got stuck or bounced off each other. Hey ho. Just to be different the A380 is blocked by falling trees in the wind.

Due to get back to our normal draughty wet and windy later so by our standards a bit of a lightweight event down here but it sounds as though you folks up the line in Hingerland are due a bit more fun yet.

Keep safe, all of 'ee. I'm off to light the fire and sit at my desk and work from home.

What is a bit odd is that I did a Wright peak-flow meter test at the doctors on Mondy as I was flagged as being asthmatic, and despite feeling dog rough and short of breath, I got a really good result (better then a fit 35 year old 6'3" tall male! ).

I would chase up those x-rays, paul!

Just phoned the docs and all seems fine with the X-rays so it must just be this virus??

Snowing here again after a covering from last night so will see just how bad it gets as they are forecasting at least 6" for the West Mids??

Snow here now, couple of inches and now starting to fall thick and fast, I just cant believe the numbers of vehicles on the road who haven't cleared their windows...

Gus

Well we live at the bottom of an hill and when it snows like this cars vans etc struggle to get up the hill,which is what is happeneing now.

Just been watching a few cars and a van trying all getting stuck now but a Rav has just cruised up past em all no trouble at all from a stationary psition.

Just hope Mrs P will be ok when she trys getting home later but just seeing that Rav has given me more confidencer??

Blue skies......glorious sunshine.......God left his fridge open with his lecky fan running in it though......

Tee Hee - phone call at 06.10am to tell me I could have the day off to go play in the snow :D

6" in the garden and anything from 2" to 8" on the roads hereabouts, depending on drifting. Great fun with the recently fitted snow tyres. They seem very sure footed :thumbsup:

Not sure if it is the type of snow or the way the tyres deal with it but seem to have way less build up on the mudflaps and under the wheel arches :unsure:

EDIT - definitely the type of snow.

Just been out on slushy main roads and I've brought back some humungous icebergs hanging from the wheel arches

well , good 6-8 inches of snow here.

roads all covered and the RAV was faultless TBH.

went through anything I threw at her!!

daughter is a nurse so got her to work for the afternoon shift no problem

with the focus I wouldn't have got out of the street!!

first time in real snowfall and well impressed

.........and I can report that the snow tyres are everything I hoped they'd be.

I know that I could get the other RAV to drift if a pushed the accelerator on the curve down my street but this thing just dug in and went. I was also able to sit in lane 2 on the bypass after numerous tests to get a feel for the traction. I then safely passed all the creepy crawlies doing 27mph. I also noticed in the car park at work the snow clears very cleanly out of the tread and leaves the bare tyre.

If I'm honest I've seen much worse snow up here but it gave me a chance to play. I think the south western population might have had it worse. No doubt we will see live reports from all round the country of bggr all in a bit.

I've got winters on my Saab Don, Conti wintercontact TS830p - they are brilliant in the snow. Last year I remember everybody was stuck in snow on a hill in my village, so I took a detour through 6" of snow in an estate - and you wouldnt even know I was driving on snow.

I've not looked at winters for the Rav as yet as it's been an expensive month what with only buying it 2 weeks ago. Second year running winters on my 9-3, reckon I'll easily get 3 winters out of the conti's

I think once you get into the mindset of changing summer & winters it becomes the norm, cost wise it's a no brainer as the summers will just last longer.

Oh, and 6" of snow in North Wales today!

Summary: I :wub: my RAV!

.......and the satnav for routing me around the 5 mile radius jackknifed lorry road closure jam fiasco, via back roads where lesser vehicles were having some "issues" on the gradients.

It emulates a duracell bunny. It just keeps going, even if I am a lesser mortal on "inferior" standard tyres. :P

Well i'm relieved to say Mrs P was sent home early and got home safe and sound and said the Rav was fantastic,drove up the rear drive where its slippy in the best of times,no bother at all.My neighbour in his Vauxhall tried earlier but got stuck at the bottom so gave up.Our Rav is nice and safe in the garage for the night :thumbsup:

We had two cars earlier racing each other down our road would you believe,and gawd only knows how they didn't have a smash when they got to the junction??

Some pilchards out there no matter how safe you drive.

About 6" here as well.

Sometimes it can be a pain driving a Rav, I have just been rung and asked if I could do an extra shift tonight and oh could I put a tow rope in the car just in case.

I feel my calls tonight will be up remote roads.....

Gus

Very dangerous driving conditions up here too......driving on a complete covering of this dirty greyish black stuff with intermittent white stripes up the middle....gotta be very careful....full of bloody big holes....

Sometimes it can be a pain driving a Rav, I have just been rung and asked if I could do an extra shift tonight and oh could I put a tow rope in the car just in case.

I feel my calls tonight will be up remote roads.....

Gus

Tow nothing pp work related vehicles unless your employer gives you written notice that he will underwrite any damage incurred by so doing.