Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Is The Snow?

It was a real shame, couldn't find the towing eye or tow rope............ :)

I'm not pulling a loaded Volvo or even a van, they have a fully equipped recovery service, I'll give the crew a lift if required.

Gus

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paulus17

• Hoovie

• Mike JD

• Big Kev

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was a real shame, couldn't find the towing eye or tow rope............ :)

I'm not pulling a loaded Volvo or even a van, they have a fully equipped recovery service, I'll give the crew a lift if required.

Gus

Not being a misery here but I will not be towing cars either .. Learnt the lesson many years ago trying to help tow a stranded car with a Mazda B2000 pick up.. Reward was the smell of burning clutch plates and the clutch failed at 7.000 miles on what was a brand new pick up...

Will gladly help but not at the cost of damaging a vehicle !!

You're not a misery Charlie, a couple of years ago an owner of a LR disco sport asked me to tow him out of a ditch, my response (which was a bit more polite) basically was no way, you should learn how to drive in snow and low profile tyres and speeding was hardly likely to help him defeat the laws of physics!

I don't think a Rav would be capable of it in the dry, not that I was going to try.

Gus

Well.....as i predicted,again no snow for colchester area,it seems to have got as east as chelmsford ,bordering sudbury,then bury st edmonds.

As per usual,the area from colchester to harwich which we call the ' Tendring penninsula ' had nothing.

Just await sundays encroaching from france...see if that brings one brings the Essex coastline anything in the way of the white stuff....here's hoping.

I towed a merc sprinter the other day,fully laden with bathroom suites etc out of our yard at work as it would'nt start.....did it nice and slow.....now worries.

Same again with our LDV luton van ,again fully laden,with bathroom stuff,rads,boilers....pulled it no worries......just nice and slow and gentley.

Well we,ve even got Snow on the Isle of Man today!!!!! not alot, but enough to send the island into lock down. Me I,m happily driving my U/C, with Winter Tyres around and not a hint of getting stuck.

Regards Clare

Snow all but gone on the western moor. It has gone on getting a little bit milder throughout the day and the wind has dropped back to a stiff breeze so the logs are staying on the fire rather than levitating up the chimney in the daught

Its started snowing here again about 8am this morning and still is quite heavy fine snow.Forecast to last till in the morning now??

been snowing here for about 3 hrs now,again .....heavy but fine snow,settling well :clap:

All the snow is in West Yorkshire.

The main road to work looked as though it was fairly clear having been gritted during the night, but that would be too easy, so I chose a route up over the moors whiach I normally use in summer on the motorbike.

Nobody else had attempted this four mile long single track road with some steep hills along it, and there was a good 5 to 6" of virgin snow.

The RAV did not even attempt to slip, skid or get out of control in any way, in fact if anything it was more at home in fresh snow than in the tracks where other cars have been, up the hills was just a case of going steady away on a light throttle in third gear, and dropping into second gear down the steepest hills.

I am sat at my desk typing this with a huge grin on my face because it hardly took any longer than normal to get here, there are usually twelve people sat around here with me, this morning there are just two of us that made it in. The other one drives a Disco.

Phil

Thats fantastic Phil and great to hear.

Well it was still snowing when we went up last night at 12.30 so thats 16-1/2+ hours of none stop snow and more forecast later in the week. :fear:

Lots of snow in Lancashire.....not stopped all day !

Usually drive to Germany at Christmas - the Rav & my Yokohama's love the snow :D

well i have had a few drives in the snow on winter tyres and i can say very sure footed, even took a slightly longer back side road just to check. But for us dog lovers driving the RAV and taking the snow loving dog out is a double plus.....

kodi_and_shilo_zpsd7f35074.jpg

Looks like your dog's been sniffing too much Helium. Good job the other one's there to hold him down!

Dave

Looks like your dog's been sniffing too much Helium. Good job the other one's there to hold him down!

Dave

LOL, it does look like that. The 'helium filled dog' is a very good friends dog, the one holding him down is mine. We have been waiting all year for snow.

I've just driven home 30 miles from work tonight and could have done with my RAV and it's 4WD. It's laid up for now awaiting an exhaust.

The roads are that bad that my Skoda VRS went into a big slide on a dead straight bit of road witth big ditches down both sides, at barely 25mph. It took all my willpower not to touch the brake pedal. I steered into it and the old lass's nose came back straight again.

Even with 4WD the road would have been dodgy. Glad to be home.

I've just driven home 30 miles from work tonight and could have done with my RAV and it's 4WD. It's laid up for now awaiting an exhaust.

The roads are that bad that my Skoda VRS went into a big slide on a dead straight bit of road witth big ditches down both sides, at barely 25mph. It took all my willpower not to touch the brake pedal. I steered into it and the old lass's nose came back straight again.

......and yet only 30 minutes drive from Arthur here in the east side of Glasgow......nuffink at all.....no white sh*** at all, which pleases me no end. All ah can say is that youz eejits who "can't wait for snow to play in...." must have worked in offices all yer lives....ah hate the bloody stuff.

A.Wright-Killjoy.

The latest fun and games in Devon is rain falling on roads and pavements, washing off the salt and grit then freezing. Ain't nothing gripping too well on that. We have snow forecast for this afternoon so getting back home after work from one side of the moor to the other this afternoon might be a bit of a challenge.

My nightly routine now consists of cleaning the lights and windows and filling the screenwash, the Rav looks like it could do with a good wash and I am getting bored of the white stuff and freezing temps.

Gus

......and yet only 30 minutes drive from Arthur here in the east side of Glasgow......nuffink at all.....no white sh*** at all, which pleases me no end. All ah can say is that youz eejits who "can't wait for snow to play in...." must have worked in offices all yer lives....ah hate the !Removed! stuff.

A.Wright-Killjoy.

I'm with you on this one Kev, I hate it. It's just another hassle getting to and from work along wee poorly maintained country roads. It was floods before Christmas that left two unwary drivers in the ditches with smashed up cars on my journey home, and now this crappy snow and ice.

What with the potholes, deer jumping out in front of you and this lousy weather I'm pretty fed up with it.

I'm feeling much better now!

A.Wright-Killjoy(2)

Heres our dog enjoying the snow a few days back,she loves it.

post-111709-0-09497000-1358871797_thumb. post-111709-0-13681000-1358871768_thumb.

There is supposed to be more snow coming in from the south for tonight.??

playing with the rav in snow

For some reason those LEDs have me wanting to reach for the scissors............