Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 2.0 Litre Petrol ( Manual ) Plugs

Avensisitis33

AVENSIS 2.0 litre petrol ( manual ) PLUGS

Need to buy a set of plugs , anyone know which are the best type , I have seen ones with one , three , and four electrodes , so I'm a little confused what to buy . The Iridium ones being the most expensive and maybe the best .

If anyone can tell me the exact type and make and model number I will buy them but need advice :)

Thanks

Hi Colin, maybe your handbook will suggest which Iridium plugs a best suited for your engine.

They are usualy good for 60000 miles, so not that expensive in the long run.

My Auris had them fitted from new, and they are stiil fitted cos ive only done just over 25000 miles, so maybe your original plugs are Iridium too.

According to http://www.globalden...t&action=search a 2004 Avensis 2.0 can have either a 1AZ-FE engine or a 1AZ-FSE (D4) engine. Both engines develop 110KW. The 1AZ-FE should, according to that page, use SK20R11, IK20 or VKB20, while the 1AZ-FSE should use SK20BR11 or VKB20. If you are unsure which of the engines you have you could buy the VKB20 plugs, but they could be expensive: Here in Norway they are 50% more expensive than the SK20BR11. As I am certain that my engine is a 1AZ-FSE, and the VKB20 was so expensive, I bought the SK20BR11. Even those "cheap" plugs set me back 915NOK (103GBP) for a set of four.

Thanks for that info . I will ring Toyota tomorrow , give them my chassis number and find out exactly which engine I have . Then I can get the correct plugs .

When I changed my plugs recently, I checked the price at Toyota which was about £75! I got them from Euro Car Parts with HT leads for about £90. The plugs are the Genuine Denso Iridium.

This was for my 1.8 leanburn.

For any car I have, I will use the best or close to original plugs.

MY ENGINE IS THE 1AZFSE AND I WAS TOLD BY TOYOTA THAT THE PLUGS I NEED ARE NIPPON DENSO SK20BR11 AND THEY ARE €35.10 EACH .

I believe in only buying the best and using the best to look after the engine but I'm fairly sure they MUST be cheaper online .

Bought the four plugs today for €80 , happy enough with that price , just have to wait for the rain to stop now :)