Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ongoing reliability issues with 2002/03 Corolla.

GAZZA

If any of you guys have had problems with the 2002/03 year corolla could you please detail it here so we can use everyone's experience to resolve these issues quickly.

My Tspirit has now developed another problem since I bought it in Dec 02. The engine has started sounding rough as low as 2500rpm. I know they sound loud at about 3500 rpm but mine has developed a high pitch "growl". I took it to the dealer and he said it is a faulty inlet manifold, a common fault on the 1.6. He is fitting a new modified one next week. I was told that the low 575 RPM idle was normal but in severe cases the faulty manifold can cause stalling. Well so far I have had new alloy wheels, and I am waiting for a mod kit to resolve the dimming headlight problem. I think this is poor coming from Toyota. Must be because they are built in Britain....

Hi Gazza,

I understand where your coming from mate, I had a Focus ST170 for a short while (41 days) prior to getting my Tsport ( my 3rd Corolla), so i know a thing or two about poor quality, but lets see how many issues are posted here before we decide our beloved Corollas' are lemons, or that the cause of the faults are becuase the cars british built. As I said this is my 3rd and have had no quality issues myself. I only have the dimming lights if i try to close my windows when they are in the closed position, not something i do very often,

We have 3 corolla's in our rentacar fleet... none had any issues, my TS had few squaks but thats it... of course, still fairly young cars, we should see within a year, but they are holding up quite nicely so far

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links