Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Steering

chris27

Hi all

has anyone had a problem with there steering on the Auris 2.0 d4d 2008. Mine has been back to the dealer 3 times i have only had it 7 weeks.The steering pulls both left and right very sharply like you have hit standing water for no reason at all .This does not happen all the time but does on a regular bases .It has had a new steering column, wheel alignment,tyre change and pressure check.I am very concerned at this point for the safety of not only myself but other drivers ,cyclists and pedestrians .

Any help or advice would be great

cheers Chris

You should get a decent response if you post your question in the Auris forum, or maybe a mod will move this thread for you.

Not sure i know the answer to your question, although i have always found the steering on my own Auris to be pretty sensitive, in that the steering will pull mildly left or right if there are any slight dips or gradients in the road, all perfectly natural , but i have never experienced the car pulling sharply to one side or the other.

You mention the tyres have been changed, are they of the same type as the ones that were replaced, the pressure correct and even in both front tyres and balanced correctly, you could get them to recheck this and the tracking , also the front suspension . is there any visible damage to the wheels etc.

You could also get a hpi check done to check cars history. you don't have to use this site, i have just chosen it randomly from the web and pasted it as an example, https://www.mycarche...CFUbKtAodRGYAKQ

TIGHT / LOOSE STEERING / VALVE ASSEMBLY OUT OF HYDRAYLIC BALANCE

1 LOOSE WHEEL BEARINGS (1) ADJUST WHEEL BEARINGS

2 FAULTY SHOCKS (2) REPLACE SHOCKS

3 WORN LINKAGE COMPONENTS (3) REPLACE WORN COMPONENTS

4 LOOSE STEERING GEAR MOUNTINGS OR LINKAGE POINTS(4) TIGHTEN MOUNTINGS OR LINKAGE

5 STEERING RACK / BOX WORN OR IMPROPERLY ADJUSTED (5) REPLACE AND/OR ADJUST UNIT

6 TORSION BAR BENT DUE TO IMPACT (6) REPLACE RACK / BOX

VEER OR WANDER

(1) IMPROPER TYRE PRESSURE (1) INFLATE TYRES TO RECOMMENDED PRESSURES

(2) IMPROPER FRONT END ALIGNMENT (2) ALIGN FRONT END

(3) BINDING BRAKES (3) INSPECT REPLACE AND/OR ADJUST BRAKES

(4) FRONT CRADLER LOOSE OR ACCIDENT DAMAGE (4) STRAIGHTEN FRAME

(5) IMPROPER REAR END ALIGNMENT (5) INSPECT SHOCKS AND CONTROL ARM TORQUE REPLACE AND/OR ADJUST AS NECESSARY

(6) FAULTY SHOCKS OR SPRINGS (6) REPLACE AS NECESSARY

(7) LOOSE OR BENT FRONT END COMPONENTS (7) REPLACE AS NECESSARY

(8) PLAY IN PITMAN DROP ARM (8) INSPECT BUSHINGS AND ARM. REPLACE AS NECESSARY

(9) LOOSE WHEEL BEARINGS (9) ADJUST TO SPECIFICATIONS

(10) PITMAN DROP ARM BALL JOINT SEIZURE (10) REPLACE ARM

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links