Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Insurance

TDR35

Can anyone recommend a good car insurance please? It would be for my mother and myself, she says she wont be driving much so it will mostly be me. We were with Age UK (!) as she is a pensioner but I was wondering if it would be cheaper to have me as the main driver with her as additional? Previous insurance ran out about ten days ago. There's so many companies out there its really overwhelming. Need to get new insurance this week as I'm hoping to pick up the new Yaris at the weekend.

Try LV... They are the best and cheapest I've found! Which report recommended them for service ect! And they've been great with us. £500 fully comp for the year for myself and Mrs Mena without any excess at all! Plus upgraded injury to 100k and all the options (Apart from breakdown cover as we have that from the bank). If you find a cheaper quote and call them and thell them it was from a price comp site they will match it and sometimes beat it...

Toyota also have there own insurance run by Adrian Flux insurance if I remember correctly

Taken from the latest Which? report on car insurance:

To be a Which? Recommended Provider a car insurer must have a high quality product with above average customer service. We combine our latest customer satisfaction results along with our assessment of each provider's standard car insurance policy to select the best car insurers on the market.

Which? Recommended Provider must:

1. be highly rated by Which? members

2. have an average or above policy score and a good customer score

3. meet our minimum standards for inclusion and be regulated by the Financial Services Authority

4. be directly available to the general public

The Which? recommended car insurance providers are (in descending order): NFU Mutual; Volvo; LV; Nationwide Building Society; Toyota, Mercedes Benz; VW; Age UK; M&S; and The Co-op.

Be aware that these recommendations are not based on cost, but on product quality and customer satisfaction.

A good post there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ by Frosty

NFU wouldn't quote for us in our area!... But thats okay as LV were quite happy to take our money our money over the last 3 years!

Thanks for the replies. Interesting to see Age UK in the top ten, they were quoting £374 fully comp. We may just go with them again as need to pay the balance for the new car and collect it on Saturday.

Toyota also have there own insurance run by Adrian Flux insurance if I remember correctly

No not Adrian Flux, Toyota's insurance isunderwritten by Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company of Europe.

No not Adrian Flux, Toyota's insurance isunderwritten by Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company of Europe.

Thanks Lorna for the info on Toyota insurence :drunk:

Two different policies: Toyota Motor Insurance is managed and underwritten by Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Europe - and is the Which? recommended provider; Toyota Owners Club insurance is managed by Adrian Flux (who are an insurance broker) and presumably is underwritten by any one of their panel of motor insurance companies.

Can anyone recommend a good car insurance please? It would be for my mother and myself, she says she wont be driving much so it will mostly be me. We were with Age UK (!) as she is a pensioner but I was wondering if it would be cheaper to have me as the main driver with her as additional? Previous insurance ran out about ten days ago. There's so many companies out there its really overwhelming. Need to get new insurance this week as I'm hoping to pick up the new Yaris at the weekend.

Firstly, the main driver must insure the car, if the secondary driver insures it to get a cheaper price, the practice is called fronting and it is illegal. In the event of a claim the insurance company will not pay out. Just thought I had better point that out in case you are unaware of it. Secondly, Insurance is very much horses for courses. I have been with SAGA for quite a few years now because at renewal time I go on one of the comparison web sites, find the cheapest quote and they promise to beat it! and they do. I do not know if you qualify for SAGA, if you do, they are worth a call. Other than that one of the comparison web sites is probably your best bet.

Regards Geoff Peace.

Hi,

Feel free to give us a try for a quotation if you wish. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to get one of my quotes team to give you a call back.

Remember club members can receive a discount of up to 15%.

Regards,

Dan.

Only issue with comparison sites is that there is only one which doesn't have a major stakeholding by either a supermarket or insurance company - so you have to question whether the comparisons are slanted towards providing business for the majority stakeholder. For example: Compare the Market is owned by BISL (Budget, Dial Direct, etc), Confused.com is owned by the Admiral Group (Admiral, Elephant, Diamond, Bell, etc), Esure (Esure, Sheila's Wheels, etc) own 49% of Go Compare, etc.

Thanks for the advice/suggestions but have gone with Age UK again, their quote for this car is slightly cheaper at £367 and once the company have managed to contact the other drivers insurance company we will get a bit of a refund too. It is actually difficult to say who does the most driving, we are about the same, as I don't use the car for work. Now just need to pick up the new car tomorrow, weather permitting!!

There was something about AGE UK on tv about running short of cash or something like that.

Not sure if this effects the insurence company part.

Hope not, as had a friend who was with Anglo Irish that went bust and he had no refund and no insurence in the end.

hello

try aviva.

i am with aviva-fully comp 4 years protected ncd 6k miles per year --gbp265.

my wife is with them as well --fully comp, 3years ncd, 6k miles per year ---gbp325.

that it, hope this will help.

No, don't think they have ever been involved with Toyota insurance. It has been underwritten by Aioi for many years and a Japanese company before that

From a Toyota FAQ list

Toyota Motor Insurance is primarily underwritten by Aioi Motor and General Insurance Company of Europe Limited - part of the Toyota family of companies - although a very small number of policies may be underwritten by a panel of insurers. Details of your Insurer will be clearly shown on your Policy Schedule.

Kingo :thumbsup:

Only issue with comparison sites is that there is only one which doesn't have a major stakeholding by either a supermarket or insurance company - so you have to question whether the comparisons are slanted towards providing business for the majority stakeholder. For example: Compare the Market is owned by BISL (Budget, Dial Direct, etc), Confused.com is owned by the Admiral Group (Admiral, Elephant, Diamond, Bell, etc), Esure (Esure, Sheila's Wheels, etc) own 49% of Go Compare, etc.

and as far as I'm concerned, once you are in the whole "compare" circle, I personally think the quotes can be manipulated.........Just saying

ALWAYS tick the "no marketing" box too, your details WILL be sold on, as the information you are giving is very detailed and always up to date for marketing purposes

Kingo :thumbsup: