Do Not Sell My Personal Information

235 X 60 X 16 Nrg Alloys/tyres Swopping For 215 X 70 X16 Steel Swop?

ihs61

Hi

My wifes Rav 4 2.0 vvti NRG has the standard alloys with 235 x 60 x 16" tyres, but I want to get a set of 7" steel wheels and have 215 x 70 x 16" winter tyres fitted.

The reason is 2 fold, narrower tyres with better winter grip capabilities and to preserve the cars standard alloys that have just be re-furbished.

The steel wheels I am considering will be from a 2001 Rav 4 but are 1" narrower and the tyres 20mm, am I correct in assuming that will be a dirrect swop over ?

Has anyone done this ? do they look odd ?

Many thanks

Ian

Can't fully answer your question but the NRG had 235/60 alloys as standard whereas the NV had 215/70 steels (as standard) according to my 2002 brochure. Oh , and welcome to the madhouse.

Thanks for the replys, I have found a set of these wheels (not the car)at the right price :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-TOYOTA-RAV4-SOFT-TOP-BLUE-LOW-MILEAGE-HPI-CLEAR-TAX-MOT-FREE-DELIVERY-/271141476892?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f214a9a1c

Will Mk1 wheels fit a MK2 ? are they a suitable offset

Many thanks Ian