Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Central Locking

john53

I have recently swapped my old vehicle for a 1996 RAV 4, 2L 5-door. It came with 2 keys which is unusual for a vehicle of this age, however would this model have been remote central locking? and if so can I get a replacement remote?

Im not 100% but I don't think they did

i actually this it would come with a remote system. i think the systems used were the rs3000 security system or the tvss 3b if you have a search for this system esp on eBay it will show you what the fob looks like and there might be a sticker on your rav saying tvss3III. do you see a red flashing led when you lock the door. also on the drivers side can you lock the passenger door with a button

My old Rav4 1 had central locking but not remote, I had a retro fit central locking installed and new keys cut for about £200 all in incl. install. It made a world of difference to the car! As the keys dont have chips in them it's quite straight forward.

Thanks mr billy and grasshopper, I have checked to see if there are any flashing lights when locking the door and there where no flashing lights not even indicators, yes there is a central locking button on the drivers inner door panel with the electric window buttons. There is a sticker on the driver and passenger side windows stating that the vehicle has a toyota security system but no model numbers. I find it strange that as the car has electric sunroof and electric front and rear windows and electric mirrors, that it would not be remote central locking.

Same as my old one John, mine was 1995 model 3 door - electric windows, a/c as well, central locking but no remote. I had a garage fit mine so not sure of the diagram, but what I do remember is that the cabling is all down to the RHS of the drivers footwell. behind the plastic housing. The transponder was hidden so I didnt see any cables on show at all. It took the garage about an hour and it made the world of difference! As I said above, there is no decoder in the key so you'll get a couple of new remote keys and you can keep your old keys as spare.

That's sound like what I need to do grasshopper, thank you very much for your advice . and the other members who have taken the time to reply.