Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat Covers

craggle

Hi All

Not sure if anyone else has seen these but are these the genuine Toyota items or a copy?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321056141198

Look nice and it sounds like they have more than one set as they say state model when buying and they have lots of other leather covers in their other items.

Craig.

Not sure .... The design is a bit tacky and doesn't really emulate the cool design of the iQ interior. - A bit too "Boy Racer" for my liking. Also they look like they wouldn't be very comfortable Leather seats really need to be designed as leather seats from the start i.e sufficient lateral support to stop you sliding around on them.

You would probably slide around on these every time you went around a corner.

http://i1169.photobu...zps54eee61a.jpg

Are these exactly what get fitted if you choose the leather option on an new iQ?

http://i1169.photobu...zps6302031d.jpg

http://i1169.photobu...zpsc3009b1d.jpg

That's the way to do it!

The genuine Toyota leather kit is a set of covers that slip over the seats and secure underneath. Okay, Not quite that simple to fit but they are covers and they look pretty much the same as the pictures in that eBay ad.

I notice now though that the auction has been removed and there was a question on there about whether they were Toyota covers or not.

I do like the Aston Cygnet interior and I see they are coming down in value, £19K will buy you one from Autotrader. I'll keep a look out for a damaged one and pull the interior out and fit to my car! :)

Craig.

The genuine Toyota leather kit is a set of covers that slip over the seats and secure underneath. Okay, Not quite that simple to fit but they are covers and they look pretty much the same as the pictures in that ebay ad.

That is very much an over simplification :lol: There is a ton of work to do fitting the covers PROPERLY otherwise it will look a dogs dinner

Kingo :thumbsup:

I did read the fitting instructions once that are on the Toyota Tech pages. A very long and involved set of instructions they were!

I'll stick with my cloth seats I think, I like them and they are warm in this winter weather. :)

Craig.

I did buy the Toyota kit and spoke to the manufactures in Greece. You have to have a variety of upholstering tools which i borrowed. The covers have to be glued in various areas or the covers look like a drum cover and not contoured to the seat. There are clips that cant be even brought together let alone clipped and sealed with out stretching tools. After i finished them i got a quote from a car upholsterer and he wanted £450! To fit them. So cost of covers about £550 + £ 450. A grand if you go down that route. Lucky i was able to fit them myself. But i must say they do " make " the car

David

I used to be able to buy the Aygo kits at a very reasonable price, but the instructions specifically said it was NOT a DIY job and should be done by an experienced trimmer. I was looking for trimmers at the time but most of them wanted 300-500 for fitting a full set so there must be quite a bit of work involved. Well done David :thumbsup:

Kingo

The glue hung around for about 2 weeks!!. Thought it was never going to go. Slowly it began to smell like dead fish then it went. That was a year and a half ago and they still look great just like the day i first fitted them. They grip you well no sliding about. Bit chilly today though at -5 when my shirt rode up at the back!!

David

Mine had the leather already fitted when I bought it. I like them easier to keep clean, no sliding around on them even though the seat base is pretty flat and no side supports. This is the first car I've had with leather, but I don't think I would pay the extra if I was buying from new.