• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SMH13

• blue monster

• anchorman

• CharlieFarlie

Probably me, but the only way I could attach them was on page 1 , my initial question ....can you see them ?

I can see them now on page 1 as you have stated & it looks good.

Just so that I am clear - how much of the exhaust did you get replaced & how much of the original exhaust have you got left? And I am assuming that you still have cat's?

I can see it joins just after the CAT. Who did it Stella? We should keep a note of it.

Found the photos, and looks like a nice job - and manufactured from the superior (and quieter) grade of stainless steel described in another post.

Details of the people who did all the for you would be welcome.

Chris

Excuse my ignourance but what if you replace the whole system? Do they just leave out the cat? Also what happens with these sensors??

I'm interested in Kingo's comment on scrap value. Is the exhaust an exchange item or was I ripped off by Mr T? How much are we talking about in scrap value?

A scrap exhaust is errr.............scrap, not worth two toots on a ragmans trumpet!

We pay to have our scrap removed, that includes metal, oil batteries etc etc, we then have it recyled responsibly with the required paperwork chain etc

We don't have that many scrap CAT's but when we do, we save them up and a recycler collects and pays for them

It makes me smile to think you have been "ripped off" by getting nothing for your old exhaust :D:

An aftermarket CAT can be scrapped for as little as £2, a full size CAT can be anything up to £250 (prices change all the time) most CAT's scrap for about £50

This to me shows the difference in a cheap aftermarket CAT, there must be a huge diffeence in the amount of precious metals in them

Kingo :thumbsup:

Glad you can see them , very pleased. They are so helpful too.

http://www.qsmc.co.uk

Based in St Annes on Sea - well known by those into their cars

£360 inc VAT and lifetime guarantee.

As anchorman said, it joins just after the cat, dropped it off at 9.00 and picked it up at 5.00 - sorted !

Looks like a 'proper job' Stella, and at a reasonable price too. Any noticeable variation in exhaust note?

Looks like a stonking job, Stella.....good one.

Glad you can see them , very pleased. They are so helpful too.

http://www.qsmc.co.uk

Based in St Annes on Sea - well known by those into their cars

£360 inc VAT and lifetime guarantee.

As anchorman said, it joins just after the cat, dropped it off at 9.00 and picked it up at 5.00 - sorted !

Bookmarked!!! Thanks Stella

I'm interested in Kingo's comment on scrap value. Is the exhaust an exchange item or was I ripped off by Mr T? How much are we talking about in scrap value?

A scrap exhaust is errr.............scrap, not worth two toots on a ragmans trumpet!

We pay to have our scrap removed, that includes metal, oil batteries etc etc, we then have it recyled responsibly with the required paperwork chain etc

We don't have that many scrap CAT's but when we do, we save them up and a recycler collects and pays for them

It makes me smile to think you have been "ripped off" by getting nothing for your old exhaust :D:

An aftermarket CAT can be scrapped for as little as £2, a full size CAT can be anything up to £250 (prices change all the time) most CAT's scrap for about £50

This to me shows the difference in a cheap aftermarket CAT, there must be a huge diffeence in the amount of precious metals in them

Kingo :thumbsup:

Kingo

For exhaust read Cat! As a good Scotsman it would be remiss of me if I didnae check and see if I was missing out on a deal. I did chuckle trying to figure out how to get the minging old exhaust into the car without doing more damage, do you think they'd take the huff if I asked Mr T to cut the Cat off for me :ermm: ?

Still £50 better in my pocket surely?

Kenny

......hacksaw for hire.....postage to IV post codes will be a bloody rip off as usual, Kenny...lol

So what about if you change the whole system? Can you leave the cat off and what about these sensors???

No wardude, these company's are capable of fitting cats into an exhaust so unless asked they would normally fit/make a replacement. They would only struggle on a RAV when they get up to the particulate filter which is down the back of the engine. You can ask that they leave out the cat but it will soon be part of the MOT that they check it is fitted.

They make provision for !Removed! them in. The cat comes with threaded holes, they screw them in and just connect them as normal.

do you think they'd take the huff if I asked Mr T to cut the Cat off for me

Yes :thumbsup::lol:

T180 going in to see Mr T on Monday - would anyone know if they will look at the recall issues ? Have had a letter from Toyota some months ago but no recall as yet !

Just while I'm on has anyone read any where about people having issues with a burning smell ?

Been doing it for a few months, when I get out the car I always notice a burning smell, more like an electrical burning smell.

No smoke and not a strong smell - will mention to Mr T.

I got burning too. i thought it was a brake binding. only seems to hapen after a longer run. My clutch has been slipping slightly for ages now and my mechanic thought it could be that

D-CAT models have a filter in the exhaust to catch soot. The trouble is that the soot would ordinarily block the exhaust so something has to be done about it. There is a "fifth" injector that sprays neat fuel into the exhaust. Its a bit like an afterburner in a jet fighter with a blue flame and it rapidly heats up the exhaust to a point where the manifold will glow cherry red in the dark. This burns the soot and discharges it out of the tailpipe.

The upside is that the RAV is "self purging". On some cars the dealer will charge you to thrash the living daylights out of your car to force the soot out and others use a chemical process also for a princely sum. The downside of the 5th injector is that it uses extra fuel and this is reflected in mpg. As stated the exhaust gets very very hot and fingers will be severely burned so keep away!

The D-CAT system is used to bring down the emmisions of the T180 or the automatics. Oh and of course, following afterburn, the engine stinks of burning - perfectly normal.