Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Idiling Problems.... Need Help Bad

porkch0p220

I have been having trouble with my 97 camry Le 4cyl for some time now, when my car sits over night, and i start my engine, some times it stalls right out, and i have to press on the gas for alittle while untill it will idile right, you literally see the engine rpm jump up after my foot is on the gas for alittle while. i just replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump but i still nodiced when the engine is still worm i start it up and it idile's real low. i press on the gas, and the head lights brighten then dim. it hasent sit over night yet, and i still cant figure out what the problem is, i have a toyota manual. and i dont understand the diagrams. is there some easy fix i can look at for this problem. or am i going to have to take this to toyota were they can hook it up to there computer? witch i dont want to do becouse i dont have the money for it. well if some one could help me figure this out, it will be a Very big help becouse i am stumpt. I just replaced the plugs and wires but dosent seem like that i sthe problem. some one please give me alittle help

does the idle drop when you press the brakes ??

if your cars idle drops when you press the brakes you have a vacuum leak.

• 10 months later...

i had te same problem with my carina 11. first check all the hoses in the engine bay ie servo hose, vacum hoses and such like as ofthen a little split can throw the whole game if all is ok remove the air filter box so you have access to the throttle body thats the big alloy box that sits behinde the engine if injection the get some good ozone busting carb cleaner and spray it all around in side try and get as deep as poss but dont break anything or lose anything in there. once all clean reasemble and then check the state of the dizzy cap and rotor arm if fitted and replace if you have to. second check the alternator by puting a multimeter across the Battery with the car running it should read 14.5v - 15.0v but no less than 14.0v if it reads less than 14.0v then the alternator is suspect and should be replaced but if your getting the full charge and all is fine then the car should be running fine. if not then i would seek profesinal help. but if it solves it you have done it for less than a fiver. if not then the problem is deeper and only a pro can help. oh and one more thing toyoyta's are expensive to maintain if they go too wrong. so if you are a skint commuter buy a ford. as they are cheaper to run.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links