Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Prius Factory Battery Cca (Cold Cranking Amps) Rating

olih3107

Hey guys.

My mum owns a 2007 (57) Prius

It still has the original Battery on it, but it fails to start sometimes...

Does anyone know the cold cranking amps (cca) rating for the original Battery for one of these?

I'm just wondering as I have a Battery tester which will tell the condition of the battery, but it needs to know the CCA of the battery.

So yeah, does anyone know the CCA?

Thanks

Oli

Is CCA relevant for a Prius as the 12V Battery is only used to run electronics to open the solenoids for the HV Battery, which then spins up the gears.

There's a maintenance menu in the display head unit which can show 12v Battery voltage which is more useful

http://blog.dkranch....2v-battery.html

The aftermarket ones for sale seem to be around the 300CCA mark. Not sure about the original.

Just bought a Bosch S4 type 155 which is rated at 330. A slightly cheper one at Europarts comes in at 300.

It seems a pointless exercise, those Battery testers are pretty useless. My 12V Battery was tested by the dealer that serviced my car, the Battery result was supposedly healthy, which I know it couldn't be because I'd already had problems with the 12V battery and I did less than a week after the rapid charge the dealer had done.

Is CCA relevant for a Prius as the 12V battery is only used to run electronics to open the solenoids for the HV battery, which then spins up the gears.

There's a maintenance menu in the display head unit which can show 12v battery voltage which is more useful

http://blog.dkranch....2v-battery.html

Absolutely with cootuk on this - the 12v Battery has nothing to do with cranking the engine - it just powers up the computers and runs the various pumps and compressors needed for brakes, power steering etc.