Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Stero Or Ipod Connection

Mtalhead72

Hi guys,

My 2008 Rav doesn't have an aux / iPod connector for the stero so I was wondering if someone could reccoemnd a replacement stero for it or could I some how can I connect an aux / iPod connector into the original stero ?

X carlink are good and cost is around £150 off eBay.. Just remove the hi fi unit and plug into the socket on the back and jobs done...

OR PM Kingo off this forum who can supply the genuine Toyota kit which is just a wee bit more expensive....

It would help if you said exactly which model of the car or the number off the front of the stereo unit.

I have just fitted the X Carlink to my RAV with a B9004 unit.

It gives good quality sound but the control is not fully available at the steering wheel. I find that the best way is to set the iPhone playing and then plug in to the radio. When you press the CD button twice, the radio connects to the iPhone and plays from there. When you press audio on the radio, 3 of the 6 buttons appear to forward to the next album but 4,5 and 6 do not appear to do anything. When you unplug the phone and replug it later it starts off from where it stops. The steering wheel controls do operate volume and scroll up and down.

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

Hopefully this is the eBay link where I bought the kit.

It gives good quality sound but the control is not fully available at the steering wheel. I find that the best way is to set the Iphone playing and then plug in to the radio. When you press the CD button twice, the radio connects to the Iphone and plays from there. When you press audio on the radio, 3 of the 6 buttons appear to forward to the next album but 4,5 and 6 do not appear to do anything. When you unplug the phone and replug it later it starts off from where it stops. The steering wheel controls do operate volume and scroll up and down.

Hopefully this is the Ebay link where I bought the kit.

Dont understand why you cant adjust or select from the steering wheel cos my one does it perfectly.. Are you absolutely sure you have the correct unit ? There are many just for Toyotas .........................

Edit..

Looking at you eBay link suggests you have the wrong one.. Cant see the B9004 in the pictures they supply to help with compatibility ??

It gives good quality sound but the control is not fully available at the steering wheel. I find that the best way is to set the Iphone playing and then plug in to the radio. When you press the CD button twice, the radio connects to the Iphone and plays from there. When you press audio on the radio, 3 of the 6 buttons appear to forward to the next album but 4,5 and 6 do not appear to do anything. When you unplug the phone and replug it later it starts off from where it stops. The steering wheel controls do operate volume and scroll up and down.

Hopefully this is the Ebay link where I bought the kit.

Dont understand why you cant adjust or select from the steering wheel cos my one does it perfectly.. Are you absolutely sure you have the correct unit ? There are many just for Toyotas .........................

Edit..

Looking at you eBay link suggests you have the wrong one.. Cant see the B9004 in the pictures they supply to help with compatibility ??

They list RAV4 2003 onwards and the unit is a direct plug in. Also the iPhone is shown in the main picture right next to the unit.

As I have 52 CD s on the iPhone I do not expect 6 buttons to cover these.

On the wheel, volume control is as normal and I can seek up and down song to song. Mode still cycles through radio as normal.

Are you saying that from switching the radio on and selecting CD you can then cycle through 52 discs and choose the one you want and play from the wheel? I have not set the albums as playlists and I wonder if it could be a phone setting rather than the car itself.

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Brian

Sorry it seems I mis read your post above.... My one works in much the same way as yours .......

Sorry it seems I mis read your post above.... My one works in much the same way as yours .......

Thats OK. I am happy with the system anyway. As apposed to the single disc B9004 it allows you to play the full range with very little hassle.

Again, regards and thanks.

Brian

Thats OK. I am happy with the system anyway. As apposed to the single disc B9004 it allows you to play the full range with very little hassle.

Again, regards and thanks.

Brian

Brian I too am happy with the way it works... Cheapish too in comparison to say the genuine Toyota one which is nice but a tad on the expensive side...

Cheers !

I bought a JVC unit for my number 2 which doesn't have steering wheel volume controls anyway. For number 1 will be fitting a louder unit and intercom as its a bit noisy. Steering wheel volume controls will not be necessary as I will be taking the steering wheel out when I go shopping lol :ermm: