Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dpf Failing After 160K...

Aurissimo

(a) Disconnect both differential pressure hoses (both upstream and downstream) on the differential pressure sensor side.

(b.) Start the engine.
(c.) Check if there is exhaust gas pulsation from both vacuum hoses while the engine is idling.
Exhaust gas pulsation exists - no fault
No exhaust gas pulsation -
1) Replace only pipes and adaptor. (No need to replace DPF/DPNR)
2) Check differential pressure sensor according to repair manual.
3) Perform PM regeneration with IT2
4) Check black smoke.

On the Auris,

The DPF sensor is near the brake fluid reservoir, near the windscreen cowl. It's a small black box with two rubber vacuum pipes connected to it. On the Auris, one may need to remove the windscreen wipers and windscreen cowl for easier access.

All those problems came from that DPF. I think I will pay 500 to remove that DPF. No DPF= no crazy lights, No limp mode= me happy

Don't know what the situation is where you live, but in the UK removing the DPF could mean MOT failure. Our MOT is an annual test after three years of age to confirm the vehicle is roadworthy within certain parameters.

The removing of DPF does not affect the MOT test or ITP (in my country). In my country this test measure the NOx that are evac on the exhaust. On the car will still exist the catalyst like on the other cars with no DPF, and will be in parameters.

I bought myself a Toyota Techtream mini vci.

I disconnect just one vacuum hose ( downstream) on the differential pressure sensor side, but there was no exhaust gas pulsation. The other one I will disconnect tomorrow because it's stuck there.

"Enter the following menu items: Powertrain / Engine and ECT / Data List / Differential Pressure FB and MAF"

I try to see the differential pressure sensor one the techtream but I couldn't realize what is it. (MAP?)

""Enter the following menu items: Powertrain / Engine and ECT / Data List / DPF Catalyst Deteriorate.""

I can't see the "DPF catalyst" on Techtream, or the ash load.

"Enter the following menu items: Powertrain / Engine and ECT / Data List / Initial Exhaust Temperature (In) and Initial Exhaust Temperature (Out)."

I can't see the exhaust temperature..

Here are some pictures from my Techtream, in my car.

post-136988-0-92455700-1389370081_thumb.

post-136988-0-39346900-1389370083_thumb.

post-136988-0-64362400-1389370084_thumb.

post-136988-0-77732500-1389370101_thumb.

post-136988-0-61898000-1389370103_thumb.

Today I've disconected the both differential sensor hose. 1. On the upstream pipe, there was gas pulsation, tested with a little water putting on it. The gas pulsation it's not sensitive on the hand, and you are not able to see if existed or not. 2. On the downstream pipe, there was a very very very low gas pulsation. It makes just a little bubble from the "water" that I putting on the pipe hole. Still don't know how I see the diferential presure sensor on the techtream.

it sounds like the pipes are blocked.

I've heard of some people using compressed air (such as a car tyre air compressor) to clear the pipes. I've also heard of Toyota not agreeing to do this for customers as an unofficial fix in case what ever was blocking the pipes damages the DPNR/DPF when it dislodges.

I will use some compressed air to clear the pipes these days. Than I will do a force regen of DPF with my vci techtream software, and a drive test on the motorway to see if It work,s. I hope that I's the pipes with trouble.

To do a force regen the manual states to remove and block both differential pressure hoses with an M8 bolt and secure them.

Thanks. The engine sould be idling, the car in neutral, not on move , right?

Today I used compressed air to clear these pipes. One pipe was complety blocked (downstream). Now that pipe it's ok, you ca see the exhaust gas exit from it, but the other pipe (upstream) it's just ok I can blow air down on it, but can't see any exhaust gas exit on it.

Take the car to a jurney on the motor way....after 3 miles , vsc , trc, check engine lights on the dashboard. :death: Try to do a force regen with techtream but NOTHING HAPPEND. Why?? No increase of rpm, nothing. Why that's so? :ermm:

1 Should I try to change the differential pressure sensor?

2. The car will do the regeneration on the motorway if the differential sensor it's good?

3. The car will do the regeneration on the motorway if the dpf it's clogged?

4. What it's the "name" of differential pressure sensor on the techtream? How can I see if this sensos it's faulty?

:help2:

L.E. the interior exhaust pipe it's very black of ash

Differential Pressure FB - appears " -5 " on idling. It's ok?

Today I take my car to a ride to the motorway. First I blocked the both differential presure hoses, connect my techtream to the car, - active test - DPF regen - and drive... after 2 miles...the same vsc, trc, check engine lights and also the lost of power. The error cod was the same P2002.

After that I connected the hose to the differential presure sensure, clear the faulty code, switch the techtream to dpf regen, and drive again. Again after 2 miles, VSC, TRC, CHECK ENGINE and lost of power. P2002. :blowup:

1. I will never buy a Toyota anymore.

2. I will never buy a car with DPF.

This what I ve done today. only one pipe exhaust gas will go into the differential presure sensor. It means that the value of the exhaust gas will be the same on the both sensor pipes.

post-136988-0-41424500-1389957678_thumb.

post-136988-0-95154300-1389957679_thumb.

drove on the motorway, the lights came on. I can't understand why, because now the differential pressure sensor, read the value of the gas from one exhaust pipe, and the value should be the same.

How the DPF know when to regenerate?

• 1 year later...

i got an emulator, jbautoservice ( the netherlands ) will emty the dpf and connect the emulator. I will keep you updated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links