Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Dog Guard Rav4 3

grasshopper

Hi All,

What's the best option for rear dog guard in the Rav? My Dog is very calm so is unlikely to jump over the seats so do I go for a cargo net type or go for the metal bars? What's the pro's & cons of both? Any experience of the cargo net type - does it flap around a lot / and does the metal type guard rattle? Cheers...

I have a genuine Toyota net type one here that I would sell if I could work out how to post it !

Sorry haven't a clue how good they are though as it came with the car new and has never been used ...

Hi Grasshopper

I have a travall metal dog guard which is easy to remove and refit 2 mins,really good fit and no rattles also good for luggage separation.Only minus quiet expensive think about £110 to £120 delivered if memory serves me right.Website is www.travall.co.uk

Regards Steve

I can recommend the genuine Toyota item. It is not cheap and fitting and and removing gets easier the longer you have it, but not easy until you master the sprung ends which fit straight into the slots provided by Mr Toyota under the plastic covers.

Part no PZ483-X2121-00 cost around £180

All I would say about the net is that they are not a dog guard! They stop cargo moving forward, a dog (if inclined) could just chew through it

The genuine dog guard are an absolute solid affair and would keep the biggest dog at bay, they are a cracking quality and designed to fit properly

Kingo :thumbsup:

I agree with Kingo!!

The Genuine metal dog guard is a good purchase. I have one for my 4.2 Rav. The cargo net I had originally with the car broke quite easily when the hound poked his head round the edges.

I have modified mine with a rectangular opening in the centre for our lurcher to put his head through while driving and an escape route when the trailer is attached. (I'll post a picture later in case anyone want to do the same)

I only wanted a guard to stop him from chewing through the rear seatbelts when he was younger (yes he did get through two belts!!)

You can also slot stuff between the seats and guard which is handy.

Oh and it doesnt rattle either!! :)

Downright bloody unsafe, Lee......"the lurcher can put his head through whilst driving......" How does he reach the pedals.....?

ADAB.....gotcha....nice dug.....similar build to me.....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

What? Before you robbed all my pies maybe.............

Kingpie :thumbsup:

And there was me thinking you were like a Brookes saddle - built for comfort, not for speed :unsure:

I oddly have 2 genuine Toyota ones (1 half mesh & the other full mesh) - don't ask long story!!

Anyway, we had a Rottweiler & a German Shepherd who used to think he should be sitting in the back seats & not in the boot - not a chance with either of the Toyota ones.