Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Traction Control And Vsc

burkov

Hello everyone, I've been away from the forum for a while, but now I'm here with a strange question and hope you guys can help me.

Is there a possibility my car doesn't have traction control or Vsc?

The car is 2006 E12 with 1,6 engine.

I don't have any buttons for Traction control or any lights for them when the car is in ignition ON.

If I dont have Trc and Vsc is there a way to software unlock them?

Thanks in advance guys.

You have VSC, but i dont think you have traction control or at least no on/off control over it, T Sport has that and maybe the SR?

Not thats its very useful i find, just slows the wheels down until you get grip but i usually take my foot off the throttle before it starts mucking about.

This interesting.

The thing is that i never noticed any correction to the car stability even when drifting.

Have just checked the Corolla brochure (May 2006), and you have neither traction control or VSC. From the specification listing in the brochure, the Compressor was the only Corolla fitted with traction control and VSC as standard.

Sorry yea your right about the other models, they dont have the VSC. I thought i'd read that they introduced it across all models from 2004, must have been a different country.

T Sport / Compressor gets the brake assist, VSC and TC. (2005 Brochure).

To be honest you have to try quite hard to get VSC to come on anyway, your wheels have to be pretty much pointing in at opposite direction to where the car is heading.

We've had the electronic stability program (same thing as vehicle stability control) cut in a couple of times momentarily on our Hyundai i20 in the snow over the past three days - under mild acceleration on a slushy road.

VSC and TRC are the most annoying programs in the world.

Ive pulled the fuses to mine on the compressor (along with abs) as i cant deal with a stupid computer thing telling me what i can or cant do in a car. If you dont know that. Dont drive :lol:

Hi Steve just read your last comment and i would love to get rid of my abs and that could you possibly point me in the right direction on what to do cuz i hate the stuff lol

Last two fuses towards the firewall in the engine bay fuse box. Pink and brown 30a and 50a