Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Mud Flaps?

Daddyslaphead

Are they any good? They look neat enough and since they are OEM then they should be a good fit but does anyone have them fitted and what do you think about them? How easy are they to fit? I want to avoid drilling holes so I was wondering about how they are fixed.

DSH

Hi There.

Bit pushed for time......I think they have been discussed before.......try a search for them.

My 2p worth......Fronts......10 minutes with (I think) 10mm spanner.

2 bolts per mudflap.

Pre-drilled holes already in car so no drilling.

Keep the sills much cleaner......worth every penny.

My opinion......rears.

have to be drilled into shiny bumper.

Some people think they're worth it but Aygos I've seen with them fitted still have a dirty bum.

Fitted fronts to mine & my wife's.

will not be fitting rears.

Somebody with rears may have a different opinion.

Ian.

if they are pre-drilled, they are cheap enough from Toyota.

FRONT:

£16.04 inc VAT

£13.37 ex VAT

Details:

Manuf part number: PZ416-90960-00

Weight: 500

REAR:

£16.04 inc VAT

£13.37 ex VAT

Details:

Manuf part number: PZ416-90961-00

Weight: 500

The rear flaps require the rear plastic bumper to be drilled

My son has them fitted on his Aygo and they do prevent some but not all road spray on the rear of the car

Speaking of mud flaps, my Mum was saying she thinks the mud flaps on the new Yaris are a bit small compared to the old ones. I don't think it makes any difference to the amount of mud though. I think they seem just as effective.

Have a full set fitted to my Aygo and have experience with them before and after fitting. I bought original,parts from my local Toyota garage and fitted them myself (very easy).

I posted a thread with my thoughts and experiences previously and there are numerous threads discussing this very same topic as well details of 'How To' for fitment.

IMHO the flaps do a very good job in keeping spray off the rear, look smart too!

Thanks to all,

I think I'll invest in a pair for the front and see where we go from there.

DSH

I purchased mine from Pentagon Toyota parts, chap called Sean. Easy to fit well worth the money when driving in this poor weather.

Okay, thanks for the input everyone.

I have searched the forum for info and found quite a lot. Still, I seem to have a problem.

The front wheel arch liners are secured by 4 plastic clips all of which appear to be a push-in fit. There are 3 clips in the wheel arch rim plus 1 clip underneath in the front part of the sill. The uppermost clip in the rim is a plain plastic clip which sits on a plastic washer. This clip has no hole in it.This clip is easy to remove by gently levering it out. This upper clip would not need to be removed.The remaining clips all have a central hole in them. The hole is open right through the clip. These 3 clips seem impossible to remove without damaging them or the arch rim. They just wont budge. I don't want to force these clips out for fear of damaging the rim and the clips.

Maybe I'm too cautious but since no one else seems to have had any difficulty in fitting the front mud flaps, am I doing something wrong. For instance, do these clips remain in situ and you simply screw the flaps into the holes in the clips themselves?

DSH

You fit the front ones by !Removed! the bolts in to the push in clips as the have a hole in the middle. Done mine this way a couple of weeks ago.

Simples.

For front flaps please review to the installation manual on Toyota Tech

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7B714A64DF-BBDB-207A-A5B3-11C70535BBDB%7D/Mudflap%20Front%20AIM%20000%20229-0%20PZ416-90960-00.pdf

And, for rear flaps please again refer to the installation manual on Toyota Tech

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7B5E70E907-F79E-75F7-6AA1-05B21CB0F79E%7D/Mudflap%20Rear%20AIM%20000%20230-0%20PZ416-90961-00.pdf

These instructions are applicable to all models