Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 2007 2.2 Vsc+Engine Light On

petejohns

hello

I'm new no this forum but I'm looking for advice. My avensis 98k on the clock driving today lost all of the power, engine management light comes on VSC light. Did you ever had any similar problems ? Can you advice anything ?

Hello and welcome,

Firstly disconnect the neg Battery lead from the Battery, leave for half an hour then reconnect it this should/may clear the fault.

The reason for the fault maybe due to the EGR valve being blocked, do a quick search on this forum for more details about this and see whether you feel up to cleaning it yourself.

Some may wonder why the EGR fault causes the TRC light to come on, this is because the TRC system needs full control of the engine under certain conditions, so as the engine can't give a correct response due to the valve being blocked it put the car into limp mode and puts both lights on for safety reasons.

See how it goes if the fault clears after the Battery has been disconnected and report back.

Regards Pete.

thanks Pete I will try it tomorrow

How did you get on then?

mine came on when i didn't plug the egr valve after cleaning it,once i realised i had done it and plugged it in the light still stayed on,garage had to reset it,no harm done

hello

I disconnected the Battery for a half an hour and the light is gone - happy days. Took it on the road next day and light comes baclk on again. I think I will need to check that egr as you adviced. I will keep posting

it goes off untill you start driving it,i tried the Battery trick too,like i said,garage reset cured it

Hi Pete

Have a look at this thread cos it sounds like your car is doing the same as mine.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=133404&hl=

I'm starting to think its the SCV (suction control valve) because an eBay seller refers to the symptons I have and the tech bulletin in this thread also refers to a redesigned SCV.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=143212&st=10

Mind you, fault diagnosis via internet is still an unproven science...

hi ya , i had same problem last week on my 2l d4d tr , engine light came on so did vsc and traction control light came , it was all so losing power, it was also drinking diesel,!!!! i i took it to my mechanic and he cleaned out e g r valve , but after a day same think happen , so had to replace e g r valve , now its like a new car problem solved , :gora:

Hi

I had a two fault codes on mine two fault codes egr and dpf fault . We cleaned the egr valve , and took it on the road the faults comes back . I'm going to order new egr valve and hopefully it will cure it. I will keep informed.

• 2 weeks later...

hello

just quick update. New egr fitted everything back to normal for few days, well still poor fuel consumption . After few days light come back again- car diagnosed - p2002 dpf filter poor efficiency. I been recomended one other local garage who apparently can deal with dpf jobs. I will keep you informed.

hello

just quick update. New egr fitted everything back to normal for few days, well still poor fuel consumption . After few days light come back again- car diagnosed - p2002 dpf filter poor efficiency. I been recomended one other local garage who apparently can deal with dpf jobs. I will keep you informed.

Just to be clear Pete,

is your car a T180 bhp if it's not and it's the 2.2 150 bhp it shouldn't have DPF fitted. :unsure:

TS Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

hello Pete yes mine is 180 bhp nice and fast - when it works ok . I went to another garage to get diagnostocs confirmed and unfortunatelly yes P2002 dpf threshold efficiency- something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

ok after few trips to different garages I been sent to garage where they correctly diagnosed the problem and advise dpf filter removal. Now is few days after this operation and I can say it was worth it. No more warning lights and lack of power and fuel consumption is better now. BTW if someone would like to know the place where I get it fixed - garage in Taunton P & P autos . Definitely recomended.