Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need To Replace Cigarette Lighter

flattire

Hello,

It's located in the centre console between the front seats. Seems I have to remove some screws to remove the centre console. I need to buy a new one. Can you help me choose from here? http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l2736&_nkw=toyota+auris+cigarette+lighter

Hi flattire, there is no screws to be removed, just place two fingers under the cigarette lighter (just at the bottom of the handbrake lever there's rubber through there) and gently pull up, it's fixed in with them plastic screws. Have u checked the cigarette lighter fuse? As far as I can remember the auris cigarette lighter looks similar to the 9th on down on that eBay link with 3 wiring pins which just slide on.

Hi 27901591! Thank you very much for your help. :) It's not the fuse. To get contact when charging I have to turn it around and around, until I'm lucky to get power. I have tried cleaning it with an electrical cleaning liquid, but didn't help much.

Couldn't push it right up. Didn't know how to do it before I removed the cover it's in. I managed to get it all out, but when trying to put it back in place again, to see how it's done I managed that, but getting it all out again seems impossible. I can't remember how I did it the first time.

I have gotten this far, as seen in the picture.

Thanks for help in advance. :)

post-128700-0-98817000-1359393709_thumb.