Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exciting Or Boring?

anchorman

I nipped out earlier and had a play. There is a good covering of snow around here but most of the back roads have been ploughed and they have left a fairly compacted inch or two of snow.

I went to the steepest uphill which is about 1:4 and stopped on it. I set off without any wheelspin whatsoever. I then came down and decided to play with the hill decent control. What a strange experience. Pressing the button sets the light flashing. stopping and pulling the shift lever into manual puts the light steady and the gearbox in 1st. Foot off the brake and it engages. The brakes just hold the vehicle at walking pace and you can steer and do what you want.

So! If you want to have fun, don't take a RAV with winter tyres out. Nothing happens!!!

Been out a couple of times now (got the snow tyres on mine as well) and TBH it is as if there is no snow!

Snow meant to be about the worse in the Borders, so quite a few people may have problems getting around, so now my bugs seem to be disappearing, might see if I can offer my services to local 'in-need' people who cannot get about :)

Never seen a Taxi Rav before - always a first :driving:

I nipped out earlier and had a play. There is a good covering of snow around here but most of the back roads have been ploughed and they have left a fairly compacted inch or two of snow.

I went to the steepest uphill which is about 1:4 and stopped on it. I set off without any wheelspin whatsoever. I then came down and decided to play with the hill decent control. What a strange experience. Pressing the button sets the light flashing. stopping and pulling the shift lever into manual puts the light steady and the gearbox in 1st. Foot off the brake and it engages. The brakes just hold the vehicle at walking pace and you can steer and do what you want.

So! If you want to have fun, don't take a RAV with winter tyres out. Nothing happens!!!

I like the sound of that idea Don for going down hill.Sounds like it would suit our drive perfectly for when Mrs P is going down it.??

How do you disengage it though,by using the break peddle??

Hill decent is brilliant, we have had a few of those 4x4 days at Motor Safari. They have man made hills with all sorts of weird decents. You just point it in the right direction and take your feet off all the pedals, you hear lots of groans and the like but no matter how wet of snowy it is, you just slowly go downhill without trashing your car :lol: brilliant!!!

Kingo :thumbsup:

I like the sound of that idea Don for going down hill.Sounds like it would suit our drive perfectly for when Mrs P is going down it.??

It will drop out if you touch the brake or if you press the button (marked "HAC" on the dash) or knock it across the gate into automatic. I suspect pressing the accelerator might do it too.

It will drop out if you touch the brake or if you press the button (marked "HAC" on the dash) or knock it across the gate into automatic. I suspect pressing the accelerator might do it too.

Spoken like a man with far too much underwear......car is in HDC mode, and how to switch it off......? Press accelerator.....noo that takes guts....lol.

:Jumpy: Break sounds better :D

So which model/year is this a feature on??

Hill decent is brilliant, we have had a few of those 4x4 days at Motor Safari. They have man made hills with all sorts of weird decents. You just point it in the right direction and take your feet off all the pedals, you hear lots of groans and the like but no matter how wet of snowy it is, you just slowly go downhill without trashing your car :lol: brilliant!!!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Have to agree, thanks everyone for the heads up. Used it yesterday, brilliant!

:Jumpy: Break sounds better :D

So which model/year is this a feature on??

Only peculiar to automatic versions,Paul, and obviously goes back as far as 2009 as per Aycee's postification.......don't know how much further back the facility goes....? Haven't had the conditions or urge to try mine yet.....

Big Kev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links