Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning Lights On Dashboard

Myles Taylor

Hi folks . Regards the two red lights on the centre section of the dasboard above the stereo . It says in the manual its for the audio system . Two lights used to come on and go off now only one comes on .... the right one ....... any ideas ?? Thanks myles

If I am thinking of the same ones they are the seat belt warning/reminder lights.

If I am thinking of the same ones they are the seat belt warning/reminder lights.

No not those ones the two small round ones in the shape of the car

I know the ones you mean, The little red circles in the back of the car image on the display. I think both of mine illuminate then go out once under way. I thought they were something to do with the rear airbags but not certain and there doesn't seem to be a mention in the handbook. I'll keep looking though....

Craig.

Think their the ones Myles means, the two little red lights in the car plan picture.

Do you have anything heavy on the back seat Myles, Wonder if they indicate the presence of a rear seat passenger so they can put their seat belt on and activate the rear curtain airbag? Thought you might notice though if someone was in the back, don't really need a light to tell you!

Craig.

Yep, seat belt warning lights, and as you point out Mark and Craig, they go off when you get going -assuming nothing heavy like a body on the back seat, or heavy shopping, toolkit, spare tyre. Don't know why only one comes on Myles. On our iQ we have our seats folded down for more luggage space, but the process is the same, start up, those lights are on, move off, they eventually go out. Thing is, even when there is heavy shopping or other stuff (no bodies) on the folded down seats, the lights do not stay on as a warning that something is on them so there must be a cut-out of some kind, or just that the seat backs cushion the weight? What a puzzle.

Yup, seat belt reminder lights, nothing to do with the stereo.