• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Kev

• firemac

• Nigebob Squarepants

• Merseyshark

Don’t they look a lot alike!

If the new Mitsu drives like the one it is superseding, Nige......God help the world.....Davrav had one for three weeks in That Canada, and has only recenly left rehab. I was genuinely looking at the Mitsu as a possible alternative to a new Rav, and a friend has a new one of the runout model. He let me have a protracted test drive, after which I ordered anurra Rav. The Mitbusishi handled like an aging London Gus......sorry......bus. You need to try it to believe it......motorway cruiser extraordinaire.....country roads and standard issue should be plastic pants.

Big Kev

The ONLY two things I liked about the Outlander was the highway cruising experience and the split tailgate....................

Leaving the Outlander and getting back into the RAV 24 hours later was akin to swopping from a large saloon to a sports car in terms of handling.

EDIT

The 'Bong' sounder was more pleasant than the piercing 'PEEP' that the RAV emits...............

Don’t they look a lot alike!

No. the Mitsubishi looks like it was designed by a blind man with no hands. The RAV's design on the other hand has some merit.

I don't think the Outlander pictured is being helped by the colour it's wearing....................

I don't think the Outlander pictured is being helped by the colour it's wearing....................

Frankly, it could be plated in gold leaf and it would simply look like a gold-plated !Removed!.

be plated in gold leaf and it would simply look like a gold-plated !Removed!.

:D: :D: :D: If it looks like a !Removed!, drives like a !Removed!, handles like a !Removed!, it probably is...................a !Removed! :lol:

NOW NOW BOYS! A !Removed! on four wheels!!!!! It’s not a Ford… is it?

NOW NOW BOYS! A !Removed! on four wheels!!!!! It’s not a Ford… is it?

True, but I'd have a Kuga over the Outlandish any day.

hmm, lots of harsh comments - has anyone driven the new RAV yet (I haven't) - can you be sure it'll be better....

hmm, lots of harsh comments - has anyone driven the new RAV yet (I haven't) - can you be sure it'll be better....

Don't misunderstand me, MS, the Outlandish may well be dynamically brilliant but I could not face looking at its sad, ugly visage every morning. I'd go with the previous model on the looks front.

I found the Mitsu so good I ordered the 4.3 Rav run out model within days of a test drive......

There is an old saying " you can,t polish a T**d", the previous model was the best looker,with the Evo front-end.Would not be found dead in one.The Person who designed this latest version, must have had a really bad hair day.

Regards Mitzi loving Clare

In a word..........yes

well the new Mitsubishi might be poor (in some eyes) but without a back to back test drive comparison you might be being premature, I predict egg on face unless the 2013RAV is truly spectacular

well the new Mitsubishi might be poor (in some eyes) but without a back to back test drive comparison you might be being premature, I predict egg on face unless the 2013RAV is truly spectacular

If the suspension and steering of the Mitsubishi remain the same on the new model, and likewise the Rav does not change, believe me........no eggs will appear on faces.....aesthetics take no precedence.....the actual driving experience / difference has to be experienced to be believed. Never understood "understeer" before.....

And does anyone have any experience of recent Kia Sorento's?

Chris

Personally I like it… and with 7 years warranty! if I was in a position to buy a new car I think I would have a sniff around.

And does anyone have any experience of recent Kia Sorento's?

Chris

Actually LOOK like nice cars.....a friend in That Edinburgh has one and SHE swears by it......but why do they always spoil the looks by fitting alloys that look like rejects from a Spartacus movie.....?

Big Kev

Personally I like it… and with 7 years warranty! if I was in a position to buy a new car I think I would have a sniff around.

But check out that 7 year warranty, I understand that it isn't all that it appears at first glance....................

It is not as appears, or at least many things are not as covered as you might have thought :lol:

The 7 year warranty is a full manufacturer’s warranty. The exact terms and conditions vary slightly between models but as a minimum:

• There is no mileage limit during the first 3 years, except for vehicles used as taxis where a limit of 100,000 miles applies.
  • There is a 100,000 mile limit between years 4 and 7.
  • Paintwork is covered for 5 years / 100,000 miles.
  • Audio is covered for 3 years / 60,000 miles.
  • Up to 12 year anti perforation warranty*
  • Batteries are covered for 2 years.
  • Normal ‘wear and tear’ on items such as brake linings and clutch linings, etc. are excluded from cover.

The last item on the list is what catches a lot of people out. A worn out wheel bearing will be wear and tear too, in fact, anything that wears out :rolleyes:

Sooooo that would be everything then! given that if it moves and is used it will ‘sooner or later’ wear out.