Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 2013 / Mitsibushi Outlander

Nigebob Squarepants

All manufacturers warrantys should be taken with a pinch of salt, Lol.

Keith

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Kev

• firemac

• Nigebob Squarepants

• Merseyshark

It's the first thing people fire off to our salesmen...........Well, Kia have a 7 year warranty :lol:

Yes they do madam but it's not worth two toots on a ragmans trumpet :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'd wager no manufacturer's warranty cover wear and tear

clutches & brakes wear - and .......

I'm still astonished that, given the problems with the 2.2 diesel engine folk are willing to write off a competitor without seeing/driving the new RAV. I hope it is confidence rather than arrogance.

It's the first thing people fire off to our salesmen...........Well, Kia have a 7 year warranty :lol:

Yes they do madam but it's not worth two toots on a ragmans trumpet :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I might be seeing if Mr T does better soon :)

I'm still astonished that, given the problems with the 2.2 diesel engine folk are willing to write off a competitor without seeing/driving the new RAV. I hope it is confidence rather than arrogance.

Must be ma Scottish accent.....granted both were run out models, but after PROTRACTED test drives, the differences in everything good in motoring were astonishing. Driver of the Mitsu then tried mine, and the look on his face said it all......if he didn't need the 7 seats, the Rav would be his first choice. Still time to drive one and be prepared.....it takes 3 goes to coax it round country bends.

For me its the whole package MS. I believe the engine has evolved into a very reliable and refined unit and the quality is as good as most other marques - the back up is even better. If you consider the improvement in technology from the first to second and the second to third variants, it is hoped that enough development has gone into making the fourth something that justifies the effort. I like the Korean stuff but the RAV ought to be better. They are good but on a current footing I would rather have a 2010 RAV than a 2013 Sorento - keeping in mind the whole package. I think that several other brands look better than even my facelifted RAV but I still prefer to ignore that and settle for that package.

I would have said that Toyota's response to the 2.2 diesel issue was one that they should be congratulated on insofar as they held their hands up and tried their best to make good the damage for owners.

I've read/heard numerous discussions on Kia's 7-year warranty and the overall result, for me at any rate, is that the Toyota & Hyundai 5-year warranties are much more genuine with alot fewer loopholes.

The new RAV dynamics would have to be woefully worse than current and the new Outlander radically better in order to convince me that the Mitsi driving experience is superior to the RAV. The RAV just goes where you point it, the Outlander will do that but it feels quite indifferent.........

I would have said that Toyota's response to the 2.2 diesel issue was one that they should be congratulated on insofar as they held their hands up and tried their best to make good the damage for owners.

I've read/heard numerous discussions on Kia's 7-year warranty and the overall result, for me at any rate, is that the Toyota & Hyundai 5-year warranties are much more genuine with alot fewer loopholes.

Aye and have you noticed that like for like cars are pitched at a higher price in the Hyundai camp? I know Toyotas are not the cheapest but it does look like the Hyundai warranty is covered in the price.

Aye and have you noticed that like for like cars are pitched at a higher price in the Hyundai camp? I know Toyotas are not the cheapest but it does look like the Hyundai warranty is covered in the price.

Yes, but I think that confidence is building in the Hyundai/Kia empire as their cars become more sophisticated and able to bear better comparison with the established Euro & Japanese marques. It's only natural therefore that they will do whatever they can to move their model price points up - can't blame 'em for wanting to max their profit per unit.

The new Elantra is nicer looking than an Avensis or Mondeo. Its gorgeous.

Very useful descriptions of the Outlander ! I too have been looking at them, been put off now by the "!Removed!" reference ! :yucky:

Tiguan is the one to beat.

Driven most of competitors (not an Outlander) in past 3 months and IMO was the best.

Please note they were all auto box.

Sorrento ride is awful.

Very useful descriptions of the Outlander ! I too have been looking at them, been put off now by the "Turd" reference ! :yucky:

Best to drive one, Stella.....motorway first.....great car in a straight line. Then go country road driving and report back. Just had a thought.....imagine somebody actually took it off road.......the way it handles, off road driving may come naturally.

Big Kev

What are your views on a 2010 or 2011 Outlander ? Seem to be a lot cheaper than a Rav of that year.

Bearing in mind that I was comparing the drive (as was the Outlander owner.....) of my 2009 SR 180 previous car to his just oot the wrapper top of the range GX4 variant. I can only suggest yet again you drive the Outlanderer immediately after you drive the Rav, and make sure for a decent distance too, and mix of roads.

The difference between my 2012 Rav SR is even more noticeable.......the Outlander feels very wallowey and

non-surefooted......seems a waste of what seemed like a good engine and a seamless auto gearbox.

The difference in USED prices is down to reputationalised depreciation.....just coined a new phrase there.

Big Kev

Stella, also just make sure you are comparing oeufs avec oeufs as there is a 2WD version of the Outlander out there and, from memory, the 4WD version in the date range you are looking at is manual select between 2WD and 4WD...........

In the next few minutes, I will take possession of friend's Mitbusishi for 3 weeks.....he is off cruising for a month.....I will be reporting back further.

I thought this was about the NEW 2013 RAV and the latest model Outlander and not about run out models of either...

I thought this was about the NEW 2013 RAV and the latest model Outlander and not about run out models of either...

Which is why I worded Post 17 carefully beginning with the word " If......" as the whole comparison issue is irrelevant since neither 2013 model is available to do said comparison as far as I am aware. It is a nod to the wise from people who own one marque for people who may be considering the other marque. If I saw two people making similarly negative reports unreheubikd, it would certainly make me aware that careful consideration and testing is required.....that is all.

For the word that has been crazily censored, think of the vehicle which carries coffins at funerals........

The original comparison was on how the cars looked! because no one can have driven them yet.

If a car looks ugly then I don’t think I would want to buy it, even if it drove great.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder…… I believe!

Just a wee point on those dual coloured seats in those pictures.....a few years back a friend specced up a rather expensice SL Merc with 2 tone black and red leather seats. Come trade back in time, and his immaculate SL had depreciated more because of the option he had taken on the dual tone leather. Guess who gave him that news.....? The same salesman who allowed him to spec it thus in the first place. IT'S A FUNNY OL' GAME.....

Big Kev.......not comparing the SL with the Rav or Outlander.......jist a wee anecdote.