Do Not Sell My Personal Information

20000 Miles Service

T Sport 1978

Hi all,

I am due my first service since ownership and this will be for the Full 20000 miles service, I called up a few places for quotes and it seems to be a blanket £209 all in.

I asked about what if I supplied the oil myself and this made a lot of differences between dealerships, also the mandatory DO NOT FILL MY SCREEN WASH, which all in all, the cheapest quote came to £155.5 all in.

Was just wondering if anyone have done much better than this?

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

£209 for a 20k service sounds like a good price. I'm pretty sure I paid £30 more than that for my Prius. You're probably saving another tenner supplying the 0/20 oil.

It's a while since you posted...we're you happy with the service?

Thanks for the reply Hicardo, the forum is very quiet nowadays...

Anyway, I ended up paying £140 for the service (Official Toyota), the oil set me back additional £40 (5 litres of 0w20 Total) so all in all £180, which i am very happy with :)

That's an impressive deal Where did you buy the oil?

I'm just about the swap my Prius for an Auris HSD, not the latest one, so I've been keen to surf the forum to bone up a bit, so the salesman doesn't pull the wool over my eyes

Hi T-Sport - bought some 0/20 - plus a few other things, and have it stored for next time. Will see if i can get a similar deal on service. Thanks for the tip!

See what you mean. Have those prices been out just a short time, or are they plus vat I wonder?

The fixed price service scheme has been in place since January 2012, and prices are VAT inclusive. Unlike other manufacturers who limit their fixed price servicing to cars over 3 years old, Toyota's scheme applies to any age car. Only thing one needs to watch is additional work (ie brake fluid change) which although has a fixed price, would be on top of the service.

Hicardo, did you get my PM?

I always try and get discount and save where I can, and they are normally obliging. You know what they say, 'you don't ask, you don't get'. It didn't take me much effort to save £29, that's a good savings.

I did thanks T-Sport, see post above.

Yeah...i think from memory (as the car and docs are now gone) that my 20K Prius service was £249, and that included brake fluid.

So ok its £209 now...and you can pay extra for the brake fluid change if you want. Every 2 years sounds about right though.

Anyway, i'm going to bargain with them as suggested plus supply my own oil, and see how i get on. i've just bought an Auris HSD 2nd hand, the 20K service isnt due till July 2013. Surprised to see looking at the docs yesterday that my IQ also is recommended to have 0/20 synthetic.

No problem :)

Good luck bargaining, some are def more obliging than others though, so shop around.

As for the oil for the IQ, alot of cars that aims for low emissions uses these very thin oils now. My last car was a 59 reg Accord 2.0 petrol, that uses 0w30. I cant help but think they use these oil at the slight expense of engine protection, though I am not an expert nor a mechanic.

I'd agree...there probably is a trade off vs protection, but some prii have done galactic miles, so prob nothing to worry about.

Received oil by mail today. Great price and a great service!