Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Fuel Type Do You Use

Mtalhead72

heading in to that England place :gun_bandana:

Ooo another one that wants independance. I hope you don't go to war with Kevs lot or we will and up in the middle. All we need now is for Clare and her island mob to kick off.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anchorman

• grasshopper

• sailor50

• bigend

Nothing but V-Power diesel for the RAV.

Grasshopper - SVPD can be found on the A55 at Northop heading in to North Wales (they only have 1 pump with the good stuff) and also at the new Shell station the other side of the road heading in to that England place :gun_bandana: they have 4 pumps of SVPD.

And nothing but SVP for my monster, in the odd time that I have tried standard fuel it never ran the same and now the way it has been fettled & set up it needs high octane fuel with SVP being my preferred choice over BP ultima, tesco 99, etc.

Cheers for that but it's a right rip off - motorway prices on the A55 forget it, I nearly filled up there last month and as I pulled in I noticed the standard diesel was 12p more than the Shell in Mold! So off I went. I am going to convert but will shop around on prices.

• 2 weeks later...

Since my engine rebuild only used BP Ultimate. No Shell dealers around me to try V-Power. Waiting for warmer weather to check the EGR valves to see how they have faired on Ultimate. MPG has improved by 5mpg but that could be down to the engine re-build i guess!

I find with V-Power the power band gets shifted up 500rpm which makes my Yaris less pleasant to drive in town but a lot more fun on faster roads.

The problem is the loss of low-end torque means I am shifting later which in turn uses more fuel :(

The effect isn't that noticeable on the motorway but is magnified in town; I reckon I'm 5-10mpg down on what I can normally do in town!

The engine does run a lot smoother and less sootily tho' - In a few months I'll pop off the throttle body and see if this experiment has worked! :)

Interesting thread. My petrol rav seems to be ok on pretty much any petrol, but I do treat it to some v-power every now and again. Fortunately, my local Shell garage is right next to a sainsburys garage, so the prices are kept low :-)

My wife's vw diesel uses supermarket standard fuel and is always a bit smokey though.. She hates the vw, but we'll only replace it when it expires so I think she may be secretly trying to finish it off.

I think V-Power petrol makes no difference unless the car has knock sensors, but because diesel engines work differently the VPD will have some sort of effect on most diesel engines (Although in many cases this effect is worse mpg! :lol: )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links