Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lack Of Air From Heater

Steve76254

Hi all, anyone any ideas why me recently purchased T-Sport has a lack of air from the heating? The blower motor runs ok and even on full speed and set to demist the windscreen very little air comes onto the screen...even if i set it to come out the dash vents again very little air comes out making demisting a slight issue in this weather.

Regards Steve

Blocked pollen filter? To access open the glove box & squeeze the two side of the box inwards to release a tab on each side once released disconnect the damper on the left had side and swing the glove box down. Looking behind the glove box you should see a rectangular access panel of about 1.5" x 8". Remove this panel and gently slide the pollen filter out, fit a new filter and reassemble.

Devon

Removed my pollen filter today, and as you thought it looked like a birds nest..put a new one in and hey presto my heater is back to full perfomance..thanks. Am i right in thinking theres only a Low Pressure port on the Aircon side of things as im going to get it regassed this week and i know they will ask ( my previous cars have had both High and Low ports ) thanks again.

If whoever is going to service the air-con needs to ask how many ports the refrigerent system has - then that would say a lot about their capabilty to do the job correctly.

Any decent outlet offering such a service should have access to all the technical information relating to your particular car.

Personally if I was asked such a question I would vote with my feet before I even let them anywhere near my car.

All i asked was how many ports so im guessing the answer you wanted to post was "sorry i dont know" ...The 2012 Autodata book only gives refridgerant gas amounts for the 2002 Corolla not the location of the ports and as only the Low Pressure is visable it would save time knowing if the High Pressure is hidden ie like a new shape Corsa where you have to remove the O/S/F headlamp to gain access.

All i asked was how many ports so im guessing the answer you wanted to post was "sorry i dont know" ...The 2012 Autodata book only gives refridgerant gas amounts for the 2002 Corolla not the location of the ports and as only the Low Pressure is visable it would save time knowing if the High Pressure is hidden ie like a new shape Corsa where you have to remove the O/S/F headlamp to gain access.

Have to agree with Jamesbelfast on this............Any decent Air Con servicing setup should have full access to all tech info and should not need to ask.

If they have to ask the car owner, maybe they should not be trusted with the work ............And Sorry......I do not know the answer......but would not expect a professional to ask :(

Jamesbelfast was offering his opinion to you, which you rudely failed to acknowledge.......

On the subject of pollen filters, I replaced mine yesterday. Bought it from a Toyota dealer, who offered me a choice .... Toyota "genuine" part for £26, or a "FRAM" filter for £6. Looking at them, it was hard to tell the difference apart from "Toyota" stamped on the expensive one. I opted for the Fram filter, strangely enough! Had it been an oil or air filter I would have stuck with the Toyota part, but for a pollen filter I thought I would be adventurous.....